Who says that left should = "anti-gun" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistoler0

From the left's "man" himself:

“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary”

- Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels,
Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League. London, England. March 1850.

2A restricting efforts are a thinly veiled attempt by the elites in charge to accumulate power by having the sole means to exercise a "monopoly of violence".

I do not understand how the left has been convinced that firearms are a "conservative" and even an alt-right issue. Luckily, since 2020 there has been an influx of new firearm owners from the left leaning part of the US population. I think this is only a good thing for us all and for America.

For those of you much older than me, has this always been like this?

Was firearm ownership in the US back in the day also associated with a conservative political leaning and was a left or democrat leaning always anti-gun?

My gut feeling is that quote was when the "workers" were out of power (and being harangued to a bit of violent overthrow of the existing order).

Doesn't say anything about what happens after the "workers" are in power.

Consider the current "liberal" approach to free speech, which now has a lot of "free speech if you say things that agree with us". Which is a significant change from when the popular means of communication were not basically controlled by the "liberal" people.

Do miss your valued days

Was firearm ownership in the US back in the day also associated with a conservative political leaning and was a left or democrat leaning always anti-gun?
As for; Back-in-the Day" I would say that is was more about being "Patriotic" and less about politics. Then someone or something came along and decided that politics should be weaponized. Firearm ownership was seldom and issue. When the school bus driver picked up the country kids. Some had their shotguns with them and were kept locked, in the buss. The driver would stop about a mile from the farmhouse, let the kids out and they huted the rest of the way home. ...... ;)

Be Safe !!!

From the left's "man" himself:

“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary”

- Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels,
Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League. London, England. March 1850.

The quoted language isn't about gun rights.

There are dozens of issues important to all of us. There are very few people on either the right or left that agree 100% with the direction of the leadership of their preferred party.

There are people who lean pretty hard to the left, but are not "anti gun". I tend to lean pretty hard to the right and gun rights are a big reason why. But I certainly do not agree with where many in the Republican party stand on certain issues.

Keep in mind the left will say anything to further their agenda. Just because they say you can keep your weapons, doesn’t mean you can keep your weapons, or r insurance, or doctors…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back