Who reproduces obsolete magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9mMan

Inactive
Hello all,

I have a rare semi auto pistol that I cannot find magazines for (own one mag) and so I would like to have one reproduced.

Does anyone know of a shop that can provide this type of service?

The pistol is a Ultramatic 9mm race gun from the 90s. It uses a 18rd box by mec gar. Mec gar has already been contacted and no longer has any in stock nor are they willing to reproduce any.

Of course, if anyone is willing to sell an original Ultramatic mag, that would be even better!

Thanks for any info/insight you may have!

Can you post a picture of the magazine?

Mecgar only makes so many magazine bodies. There's a chance you might be able to drill or dremel a release hole in a current production magazine.

The Ultramatic is based on the CZ 75. I would try a Mecgar magazine for a CZ 75 or 75B and see if you can get it to work. You may need to make adjustments to the mag lips and likely the hole for the mag catch. That's where I'd start.

I honestly don't know of a company that will reproduce small batches of different magazines. Typically you need a fair amount of demand, hence why MecGar makes mags for only certain pistols. If you had a local machine shop you could try that. Otherwise, and I'm not saying this to be a pain, I'd Google like mad and see if anyone has found a magazine you can convert.

Go to Glocktalk.com and contact bac1023 there.
He has one or even two Ultramatics and knows of others. He might be able to help you find a magazine.

Yeah, contact bac1023. I didn't realize that bac1023 had one of those, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Have you tried Gunbroker or the like?

Also try your local gun shows. Many people have boxes of old parts. You might get lucky. That is how I found a magazine for my Constable II.

There is a company out Penn. called Sarco that sends me catalogs. They specialize in a lot of old parts and mags. You might try them.

If you run out of leads you may try KeepShooting.com (AKA United Defense LLC) - they sell some reproduction magazines but unfortunately not the one you need. But they may have some contacts that could help you. Good luck!

Ultramatic mags

I have several 18 shot mags for Ultramatic (brand new in packaging). Looking for one 10 shot mag. If anyone wants to trade, let me know. And sorry, I will not be selling any.

Seriously, nobody has ever heard of Triple-K Mags???
That's all they do...mags for old, obsolete pistols. I have gotten a few, for different guns, and they have all worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back