• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Who Pays for TFL??

Coolray

I have been a member since Aug.2000 I have enjoyed the exchange of Ideas and information. During that time there have been several upgrades and new servers,All of which cost quite a bit,yet I see no Adds,nobody has asked for any dues,and I was wondering How TFL is supported? I'm thankful that there is a place to visit that is fun(see mall ninja) and informative. Thanks A Lot.

My understanding is that Rich Lucibella pays for it, God bless him. Thank you Rich!

Yep, the Padrone apparently has deep pockets and, judging by the events of the last week, both the patience AND the luck of Job. :)

The events of this past week, with TFL down for days on end, made me realize just how much I appreciate this place.

Thank you, Rich. Your hard work and generosity surely are appreciated. If we ever have a chance to meet in person, I'll bring the Shiner for you.

pax

Rich does in deed pay for it and even though, I'm sure, the cost can be quite high at times, the contribution to the RKBA is priceless.

Not to mention...

...that this is the best firearms-related board on the net.

A million thanks, Rich. And I'll second pax's offer: if we ever meet, the beer's on me, though I personally prefer Guiness, Pete's Wicked Ale, and Anchor Steam to Shiner Bock.

Amen.

Thanks Rich (* 1000).

Me too on buying a beer for Rich.

And as a survivor of bad implementations, I KNOW how, even after Testing, acceptance testing, and a fully thought out backout plan, things still get FUBAR'd.

We will get it right next time!

Gfrey

Rich... do you accept Paypal?

Seriously, TFL is the best thing since metalic-cased ammo. If I can donate some cash to pay for some bandwidth, I will (after I'm back in a paying job!) Any way we can do so?

-Jorah

Thanks for the offer, Jorah, but.....

Nah; then we'd feel obligated to be nice to you! ;) Besides, if we wanted to turn this into a commercial enterprise, banner advertisers abound....(we don't want the obligation of being nice to them either!) :D
Rich

Rich,
Though I've been here since near the beginning, mostly as a lurker as you can see from the number of posts, I am in a good place to comment on the history of TFL. And, you have made the best firearms forum I've have had the opportunity to visit. I keep coming back bacause this is one of the best places around. Keep up the good work Rich and many thanks for your generosity in taking so much of this on yourself.

Rich gets the strokes; The Staff gets the work!!!!

Will somebody please mention the Staff?!!! (Not too loudly or they'll ask for ridiculous perks ...like pay and stuff! Then we'd have to resort, again, to the horse whippings until morale improves.) :D

Seriously....I do my share. But the vast majority of the work is done by those with their names on the marquis. The thanks is due them.
Rich

"Their names on the Marquis..."

Have you been spray painting the royalty again, Rich?

Shame on you. Lord Fuzzlebottom whined piteously for days because he couldn't get the Krylon off his monacle... :)

Back