Who manufactures Walther in USA

loknload

Who makes the Walther handguns in this country? I always thought that Interarms was just an importer. I notice on their web page they now refer all service to S&W and someone else whos name I don't recall
Thanks

------------------
gun control is people control

It is correct that Interarms no longer is liscensed to make the Walther line. Walther is supposed to handle the line themselves fairly soon. Currently any **German made** Walther repair or warranty work is handled by "Earl's Repair Service". I know that doesn't sound too good but thet are a super group of folks.

"Earl's Repair Service The BEST accesories and parts source for German made Walthers. All models covered. Hi-cap mags, factory walnut grips, night sights, and more. Walther authorized service center. Earl visits Germany several times a year to bring back parts and accesories not available in the States. For ONLY German made Walthers. Do not contact them with questions about American made PPK's and PPK/S's. Many unusual and hard to find Walther handguns as well as current production handguns are available too. E-mail , phone, or fax only at this time. birgit.scharf@biologie.uni-regensburg.de FAX (978)851-9462 PHONE (978) 851-2656

Earl's also is importing German made Walthers at this time.

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, LEAA, NRA and vote!

Earl's service is great. I had to have two firing pins replaced on a P99. It was in and out on the same day each time.

I agree with the prior post Ranger is actually making the gun, and S&W is doing the repairs. I just (in the last month) got my PPK/s back from S&W. Works great after they cleaned it up and replace the ejector.

Now if they could do something about how it cuts you on the thumb when you shoot it?

Ah, the old cut thumb on the PPK slide... yes, I remember! I got rid of mine once I found out about that trick! Hmmmph!

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785

My dealer (Virginia Arms in Mansassas VA), Showed me the latest PPKs and the P99s that are being delivered to him from the S&W factory in S&W boxes and the quality of the pistols seems to be much better then when they were from Interarms.

Back