who makes revolver long guns?

tahunua001

hello all.
just out of curiosity. besides Beretta and Rossi, are there any other companies out there that offer a carbine with a cylinder?

Uberti makes an 1858 Carbine, Pietta might too. Needs a conversion cylinder to fire cartridges but typically fire .45LC. Some of their 1851's and 1860's can also be fitted with a shoulder stock to make what is essentially a short carbine.

the 1851's and 1860's can be converted to fire cartridges, but may be considered SBR's if converted and fitted with stocks. The 1858 should pose no legal problems being converted as long as the barrel is minimum length. Try the blackpowder forum if you're interested, brushhippie just posted a video with his stocked 1851 and the guys there would be more knowledgeable than I am.

I've seen 1851 carbines and one SAA carbine on gunbroker, but they aren't common or cheap and I don't remember if they were repros or original.

Last edited:
You well find some cap and ball clones configured as revolving carbines. Adding a shoulder stock gives you a similar setup.

You need to watch were you put your off hand as you get a considerable amount of hot gas out the sides at the cylinder/barrel gap.

With these black powder cap and ball revolvers you do not have any of the NFA laws to deal with. Add a conversion cylinder for a fixed cartridge and you do.

rcarbine01.jpg

Back