Who knows I own a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2002LS1

Inactive
A few months ago I bought a new pistol at a large chain store. I filled out the background check, waited, picked it up.
It has been sent in for warranty work once.

I need to claim bankruptcy and it asks if I own a gun or not.

A quick google search said that it's like buying anything else, like a can of soda was one exact explaination.

I think I'm like most people, I don't want my gun taken away.

If I paid cash for it, can anyone trace the serial number to me owning it?
Or anyway else find out I own a gun?
I'm in Florida.
Thanks.

I bet they would be very hard pressed to link you with a serial number from a no answer.

Or you could take out an ad in the paper for it and when it sold there would be a paper trail substantiating the sale. clear as mud?:D

Well I mean more like data bases and stuff like that.
The gun store said they destroy that paperwork in 60 days.

And we all know gun control issues. What are the odds that my name is in some database saying I own a gun?

The problem with filing bankruptcy and selling it is that they will want the money I got from it if I did sell it.

If I just say I don't own a gun, I'm going to be under oath, so I could face criminal charges at most if they find out I do have one somehow. At the least they will throw out my case.

It should be 7 months from the time I bought the gun until I file.

If I just say I don't own a gun, I'm going to be under oath, so I could face criminal charges at most if they find out I do have one somehow. At the least they will throw out my case.

Cool...come to an open forum and tell us how you are going to commit bankruptcy fraud.

Screw your creditors to protect your gunnykins:barf:

WildnicelawabidinggunowneryouareAlaska TM

Why not, I can give it up and they can say they only got $100 out of a $750 gun. And I now owe them $650. If you had a choice would you volunteer to get screwed?

I bought the gun, yes. The question is do I own a gun. Lets see theres a spot for that too, did I buy anyone a gift over $200. Well maybe I did.

I wouldn't even be asking if I had a Concealed Weapon License, I would have put it on the counter, paid and walked.

Docket # 2-101-A1 Capital creditor vs 2002,whats in our wallet.:eek:.busted.:D.just joking but seriously I am sure people hide assets but I wouldn't make it public knowledge.

speak to a bankruptcy lawyer before you open your mouth and put something in a public forum that may be used against you in a court proceeding

I wouldn't even be asking if I had a Concealed Weapon License, I would have put it on the counter, paid and walked.

In Kentucky, you can do that, but you still have to fill out the forms before you go. I have my concealed weapons license, but all that means, is they don't have to call my name and social in, for a background check, before I leave the shop with the firearm. There is still a paper trail though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back