Who has a Romanian SKS?

I have both a Russian and the Romanian. The Romainian I purchased as a shooter from SOG in Ohio. I got it when they first got them. I believe I paid $149. for it handpicked.All numbers matched and the wood was nice. It is a nice rifle and a good shooter. My son and I put about 150 round through it with no problem and the rifle is very accurate.We did a comparison with that to an M1 carbine and they both pared the same.
IMHO get one you can't go wrong. Check out www.AK-47.net there is a place listed just for SKS you may be able to find some other answers to your questions there.

Hope this helps :)
Happy Shooting :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

I recently got a Romainian SKS and I love it. I replaced the rear sight with a Williams peep sight which I highly reccommend. However the instructions that come with the Williams sight are not correct for the Romainian SKS. Your must first drive out the small pin which holds the sight in place and the sight may be depressed (use a C-clamp and two blocks of wood) and then tapped rearward.

I have only fired a few rounds at 20 yards since putting on the williams sight, but feel that it is an improvement. I won't really know until I get out of town to shoot at a friends rifle range.

In general I find it easier to shoot a rifle with a peep sight than with the standard open sight. This is because with a peep sight your eye only needs to focus on two points as opposed to three.

The williams sight is inexpensive so try it out. I bought mine for approx $20 from cheaper than dirt.

Let us know what you purchased and how you made out :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

Back