Who besides Gunbroker is good for selling online ?

David Ozlo

After a week of trying to resurrect a 11 year old unused Gunbroker account I have to move on. Who else can I for selling used guns online ?

They won't let me open a new account and I can't use the old account so I'm moving on I have a lot of stuff to sell before I move.

Here is another option, especially if your time is limited: Ship all of your guns to be sold to a big auction house, and let them do the selling on consignment. I have dealt in that manner with James Julia, Rock Island Arsenal, and Amoskeag Auction Company. They take an auctioneer's fee of around 17%, which may vary depending on the value of each gun. Julia and Rock Island are particular about what guns they will accept for sale, but Amoskeag will sell almost anything.

It depends on what you are selling and how you are pricing it.

If you price it right, you could likely sell it on this forum fairly quickly and easily. Believe me, this forum gets a lot of traffic from folks looking to purchase firearms. But, if it is used and something you can buy just about anywhere, you will need to give someone a good deal on it. Trying to sell a 3rd Gen Glock 17 for $380 or an AR15 for $550 is going to get you crickets.

If it is NFA, especially full-auto, then I'd list it for sale on Sturmgewehr.com. If it has a Pony on it and is a little older or collectible, then I'd list it on coltforum.com.

If you really have something special, like a Borchardt C93 or a Sig AMT and aren't trying to get top dollar..........then pm me!:)

I'm pretty much of the opinion that you could list a gun for sale just about anywhere on the internet and if the price is right, it will sell.

Gunauction.com It is affiliated with the NRA, I think. I have bought off of Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, and Gunauction.com. No real problems to speak of. I get on Gunsinternational, but never bought from them. I had issues with the Armslist and stay off that.

Be active at forums and sell your guns at the forums where you have good "reference" such as posting count and good feedback count. I have pretty good luck at FAL forum and AK47.net forum and I only buy guns from sellers that I can check "reference".

Did someone say Gen3 G17 for $380...that would be gone in a heartbeat anywhere in Ohio...by the truckload.

Same here - where are these sub-$400 G17s? I'd like to order a dozen or three

Just scanning gunbroker for used glock 17's, I had to weed through 7 pages of G17's before I found one average used G17 with ANY bids on it. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/588881233

Presently the bidding is at about $326. The supply of G17's is infinite and the demand at the prices almost all of the sellers are trying to get is zero! That doesn't mean the demand is zero; put a good price on a G17 or some other relatively ordinary gun and it will sell on any forum, auction, or message board.

People looking to get top-dollar selling their guns need to invest in really rare or hard to obtain guns. And, I submit that if you have a really rare or hard to find gun and want to sell it, all you have to do is post a picture of it in the General forum (not even saying its for sale), and you will have people making offers for it. There are collectors who scour the internet like highly efficient web crawlers who will find your rare gun and offer to purchase it form you for a generous price whether you intend on selling it or not.

Last edited:
It was mentioned earlier but here's a link...

http://www.gunauction.com/

GunAuction.com is the oldest auction website for guns online. Orginally called Auction Arms and started in 1998, GunAuction.com is a great place to buy and sell guns, research gun prices, and stay informed on all the latest cool gun stuff.
GunAuction.com also supports the NRA, and the NFAFA. We have a 3 Day Inspection Period for buyers, and the best customer support in the industry. If you have any questions, call us at (877)486-2828.

I use them in preference to others when I want to auction something.

tipoc

Back