While waiting for my Kel-Tec P32HC

Onslaught

I've had a P32 on order for WEEKS now, hard chromed, black frame. The gunshop has gotten one P32 previously since I placed my order, with a PEARL WHITE frame :barf: which sold exactly 4 hours after they put it out...

While purchasing my dad's BDpresent yesterday, I saw that they had a GREY framed P32... I told them to hang on to it, and I put my plan into action...

My wife didn't know I put one on order, cuz we just bought a new house, higher gas bills, school loan's due, etc... So I figured I'd use HER reasoning and get it all out in the open...

"Honey, I put a pistol on order WAY back before we got the house, and it's one of the hardest pistols around to get right now, and they got this one at the shop, but it's not black and chrome, but it's $40 cheaper, so I'm saving us money by getting this one now instead of waiting for the other one"...

Her reply... "I think you should wait for the one you really want, or you won't be happy with the other one..."

DARNITALL!!! That logic is always good enough when she buys a $150 pair of boots for $75!!! She SAVED us money!

So the worst part... I had to go BACK to the gunshop, and tell all the guys who work there never mind, that I have to wait for the one I wanted... :o But at least now, the pistol's out of the bag, and she's not gonna SHOOT me over it :D

Anyway... anybody wanna tell me HOW LONG it's gonna take to get my hands on a Kel-Tec P32 with a Black frame????

Thanks for letting me vent! :)

I ordered a hard chrome P32 in July, gave up on it in December and took my dealer a few more $$$ and had him order me a Glock27. Will try and pick a P32 up this summer--hopefully! Good Luck!

So would you suggest that I just go ahead and grab the grey one while it's available, and inquire with Kel-tec about swapping it for the black one?

I'd also suggest you go ahead and get the grey frame. You can order any color frame you want from Kel-Tec and perform the swap yourself. Instructions are on the Kel-Tec owners group web site http://www.ktog.org

Mark / Fl

I understand your dilemma. I placed three different orders with three different dealers, and waited three months before giving up. Instead I decided to go a different route.

I bought a black P32 with a blued slide. I just mailed the slide and barrel assembly to Kel-Tec for a chrome exchange (for $20, shipping included). This is a deal they do for their customers, which in my opinion ends up keeping the HC's from being in stores. In any case, that is what I recommend. Find a plain jane, black and blued P32, shoot it a few times, call Kel-Tec to confirm that they have hard chrome slides in stock, and mail it in for an exchange. I have heard that turnaround varies between 3 days and 3 weeks depending on stock. I would not go with a color I don't want (although I considered it)...you can always change the grip but that takes more talent than I can muster.

Good luck...great pistol.

Onslaught, you can purchase at anytime the polymer body in a bunch of different colors. Black off course being one of them. This you can get direct from the factory for $20. In addition you can ship out your gun direct to them and they will hand polish the feed ramp and bunch of other reliabity functions for free. My gun was jamming when new. I called customer service got my gun to them and with in a week or so they returned it. While there I also took advantage of another $20 mod. I exchanged my black slide for a hard chromed one. There you have it, your black gun hard chrome slide and a spare frame to boot. BTW the gun shoot great. I've more than 500 rounds through it and no malfunctions.

Thanks for the input fellas...

My impatience won out, and I called back the gunshop and told 'em I changed my mind AGAIN :rolleyes: . Called KT customer service, and they said they'd swap the grip frame for FREE, and do the standard F&B, plus swap for the Hard Chrome slide for $20... I think I'll send 'em seperate, to avoid the GOSHAWEFUL shipping charge that UPS charges for a complete handgun...

It's been driving me NUTZ trying not to go lay down the last few bucks this week to pick it up, because I'm planning a trip to N'yallins for Mardi Gras tomorrow, and need the cash!

Thanks again for talking me into it!!! Now, I just gotta figure out how to break it to the wife :eek:

If you really want a P-32 hard chromed, B&H Gun Rack in Florida always seems to have P-32s. I'd call them and have your dealer use his FFL to buy the gun for you!

I ordered my P-32 from them. Got it in a week.

I hasten to point out, that shipping just the receiver of the P32 is the same as the whole gun. Legally, you can only ship it like a complete firearm. With that in mind, just put it in a box and "bite the bullet" and ship it.

Back