Which

PaP

I am typically a semi auto person, Kimber's and Glock's, but I am looking for a small "snub nose" revolver for pocket carry and possibly ankle carry. Does anyone have any recommendations. Taurus, S&W, etc. I have little or no knowledge as for as revolvers go and would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Greeting's All:

Here's another vote for S&W's J- frame; particularly the old model 60, in .38 Special. I like the idea of an exposed
hammer; + it's stainless.:D:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

The Airweight Js are very well-suited for ankle carry, though the steel-framed ones are not too bad in that regard either. Ounce for oz., they will be easier to shoot due to the weight. I've been impressed with the Taurus wheels that I've been examining lately, particularly the Ultra-light Ti. The trouble is, their quality-control out of the plant is atrocious. So, unless you really know how to examine a revolver, you should take along a knowledgeable friend when looking at Taurus. The ones that do have have a problem are quickly made right w/o issue; but, it's nice not to have to go through any such fuss if you can avoid it.:)

Another vote for the J-Frame S&W's here. Especially the Bodyguard Series, and the Centennial Series of revolvers.

Doc Hudson

I have had excellent experiences with my two Taurus Model 85 snubbies. I own a Total Titanium 38 snubie and a Stainless snubbie. Both have performed perfectly with no problems. I always get compliments when taking them to the range.

my2taurus38s.jpg

Back