Which Wolf springs for my Single Six?

wolf 1415

I picked up a used Ruger single six for $219 Friday. I didn't need or even really want a cowboy gun, but a good .22 with adjustable sights that looks so cool... Why not? It's a blast to shoot, but the trigger needs work. The wolf website, gunsprings.com, has a lot of options for Ruger SAs. Has anyone been down this road before? Are these things easy to install? All help appreciated.

I installed an aftermarket spring kit in an acquaintance's Ruger New Model 357 Blackhawk about 15 years ago. I don't recall the kit's manufacturer (was Wolff in business 15 years ago?).

Anyway, I don't believe it took more than about 45 minutes to an hour to install. As I remember, the owner was pleased with the results. If you have a bit of mechanical ability, a good set of "gun" screwdrivers and a little patience you shouldn't have any problems. Just read the kit instructions thoroughly before starting.

As an aside, on my own old model Single Six (69 vintage) I just clipped a couple of coils off the mainspring and it cleaned up the cocking action and trigger feel nice enough that I don't feel the need for any aftermarket spring kit in it. And it has always been 100% reliable, YMMV. If you decide to try clipping the mainspring, do it one coil at a time and check your work after each snip.

Back