Which version of Beretta 92FS is best?

Mine is a 92SB, issued to me by the Wyoming Highway Patrol in 1984, made in Italy. We upgraded to Model 96 pistols made in Maryland in 1994.

The M9A4 is one of the best. It comes in full size and Centurion size. The 92X RDO is basically the same pistol for several hundred dollars less. It gives up night sights, FDE color finish, and threaded barrel. It can also be had in Centurion and Compact size. I'm a pretty big fan of any 92 series Beretta. There's probably nothing more reliable.

Beretta PX4 Storm. I do like 92’s, if I need a full size service pistol, just don’t have much need for those these days. When I did need one I chose a Taurus PT99 because I liked the 1911 type thumb safety and no decocker.

Current "X"

Small V frame with included grip that makes it feel like the huge gripped normal 92FS.

You can currently get the 92X Performance with a $400 rebate. That would be the best in your price point. The "best" current version today.

Frame mounted safety, optics ready, worked over stuff, and performance hammer.

X RDO black regular is $600 with V frame but slide mounted safety.

Getting the FS at this point...the X is probably the new 92FS going forward.

I would have to pay more and get a LTT Elite. I saw one at a range demo day and the slimmer grips and first class DA/SA would be worth it to me.

I've had fun with Taurus in the past but I've found the Taurus 92 to be a fine handgun and if you want adjustable sights there's the Taurus 99 (I think the 99 is now discontinued) and it's a 92 with adjustable sights. Both have a frame mounted safety which is my preference.

I'll certainly admit the Beretta is a more 'refined' handgun but for sheer functionality and price...Taurus might be worth a look.

I have a Langdon (LTT) 92. It is extremely accurate and a joy to shoot. My advice is spend a bit more and get a firearm you'll enjoy for years to come.

I am partial to the Vertec grip style over the classic curved back strap. It fits my hand better.

bac1023, nice pistol. What holster do you use? I have a 92A1 with a rail and I'll be dammed if I can find a holster to fit. Thanks. and sorry for the thread hijack!

I've had fun with Taurus in the past but I've found the Taurus 92 to be a fine handgun and if you want adjustable sights there's the Taurus 99 (I think the 99 is now discontinued) and it's a 92 with adjustable sights. Both have a frame mounted safety which is my preference.

I'll certainly admit the Beretta is a more 'refined' handgun but for sheer functionality and price...Taurus might be worth a look.
I also have a Taurus 99 and it’s a nice pistol, a close second to my CZ 75B SA.

Not the original , but the 92S caught my attention in 1981-82 .
I wanted wooden grip panels, Purchasing the gun though a security firm owner with a FFL.
I paid a little over $$ … Okay cause of convenience. It has served me well as a Tavern business protection pistol. I pumped 15 rounds into the ceiling on my last night , prior to selling and turning it over. Ha, flashbacks !

All "X" have the V frames. Some are V with safety frame mounted and some are slide mounted.

The X is probably going to phase the regular, if not total phase, the X will be the new standard. We can assume this because the X is offered in all 3 grip sizes (FS, Centurion, and Compact) sizes and is the entire catalog of 92 on Beretta right now.

There are two rebates on two versions of the X right now.

Here's the options, click "load more" to seem the all:

https://gun.deals/catalog/206061/beretta-92x

All "X" have the V frames. Some are V with safety frame mounted and some are slide mounted.

The X is probably going to phase the regular, if not total phase, the X will be the new standard. We can assume this because the X is offered in all 3 grip sizes (FS, Centurion, and Compact) sizes and is the entire catalog of 92 on Beretta right now.

There are two rebates on two versions of the X right now.

Here's the options, click "load more" to seem the all:

https://gun.deals/catalog/206061/beretta-92x
Thank you so much for the excellent info as always.

Back