Which stock for rifle sight defense 870...standard or Monte Carlo?

TCW

I need to get a stock for an 870 with rifle sights. I was wondering what is best for quick sighting...standard or Monte Carlo? It's a 20" barrel.

Thanks again!
TCW

Standard. Monte Carlo is more for scoped shotguns than one with rifle sights. The RS Remington is designed for the standard comb.

It's a wood stock, standard in really poor condition. Originally it came with a 28" barrel. I'm buying a 20" IC choke rifle sight barrel

TCW

When I built Frankenstein, my parts 870, I was given a beatup stock that had been at the Md Pen. Ugly but functional.

I spray painted it flat black. looks a lot better now. Since the pressed checkering is roached, I may put some skateboard tape on the grip for better traction.

New utility grade 870 stocks aren't all that expensive, including the synthetics. And, check at your local LE oriented gun shop, there's often old ones there that might work for you, available at a pittance.

Depends somewhat on your facial bones. Most of us will be much less punished by a lower comb, and being less punished leads to all kinds of benefits (so skip the MC stock).

I just ordered a "youth" Speedfeed (no mag, just the buttstock) from http://www.bulls-eyestocks.com/ The stock arrived in a little over a week, drop shipped from Speedfeed and with a recoil pad marked "Remington." :-) Decent (slight discount) pricing. All standard disclaimers apply...including the fact that I haven't installed it yet because I'm going to fit a Decelerator pad first!

I might get the Speedfeed II (solid). The Speedfeed I looks pretty good, but I've heard mixed reviews about its performance.

The latest sales flyer from Natchez Shooters' Supply has a "Cadet" Stock from Outers listed. Shorter than standard, it's a synthetic stock with recoil pad and sling studs, I think. Price is under $40, includes forearm...

Back