Which Stainless Smith In 41 Mag?

RazorsEdge

I have started to wonder whether I can live without a four inch stainless DA revolver in .41 Mag.

Figure it has to be a used Smith. Would appreciate info in which Model and how much to pay.

Smith & Wesson 657's are one of those models that you buy when you see it. There are so few that they just can't be passed up on. Price is going to range from $350 to $800, depending on the model and where you get it from.

Robert

S&W 657?

Which one should you buy?
Smith according to the 2000 catalog [I do not have the 2001 catalog, lists only a 6 inch barrel 41 Magnum. Damn little choice in buying a new Smith & Wesson.

I own and shoot a 3 inch [SQUARE BUTT and a 4 inch 657. I carry the 3 inch and shoot the 4 inch every chance I get.
What is amounts to is, if you can find either, check it out.
If it looks good get it.

Razor, after a long search I located a nib S & W model 657 .41 Magnum Mountain Gun. This is the 4" tapered barrel ss version, weighting in at 39.5 ozs.

Only 1000 of this limited beauties were made. All were shipped out by S & W by 1998 (maybe '99). Mine only cost $525. Currently S & W only makes the 657 in 6" or 7 1/2" full lug barrels.

The mountain gun is out there. Use the product code to cut down on confusion. The PC # is 103949. I found mine in New City, New York (not to be confused w/ New York City, New York). Who knows, he may have a connection to another, let me know if your interested.

Thanks for all replies!

I am actually looking for a medium siz/weight carry piece. I figure that I can shoot more than a .357 but full power .44 is a bit much. I have a Super Redhawk just so I can quit asking myself why I don't have a .44.

I think that perhaps the .41 mag might be right in my comfort zone.

657 Classic.

657.jpg

Back