Which Sig Mags fit other Sig guns?

Redhook

I've heard that you could use 7 & 8rd P220 mags in a P245 and I was wondering what other Sig mags work in multiple Sig Guns? Is there any functional problems? Some times you can stuff a mag in, but making it work is the key. It's like the Walther P88 mags fitting in the P99's. It just ain't right and I wouldn't trust it.

I realize that ergonomics would fly out the window, but wouldn't it be nice if a manufacturer made one mag fit all of their guns chambered in the same round? That would save a ton of bucks in having to buy extra mags.

-Red-

P228 mags are the same as 9mm P229 mags--even sharing the same SIG part number. AFAIK P230 and P232 mags are also the same. Am not sure of others.

HTH. :)

SIG P226 9mm 15-round mags will hold about 11 rounds of 40 and fit and feed in the SIG P229 40...they just stick out slightly.

My experience with the various SIG Sauer "P" series pistols has taught me the following:

• * P229 9mm magazines won't work with the P228. P229 9mm magazines are not the same as P228 magazines. 9mm magazines for the P229 are contured like the .40S&W magazines making the lower half too large for the P228 magazine well, in spite of the fact that the manuals show the same part number.
    * P228 magazines will work with the P229 9mm.
    * 15 and 20 round P226 9mm magazines will work in the P228 and P229 9mm pistols.
    * P226 .357SIG/.40S&W magazines will work with the P229 .357SIG/.40S&W. However, since they are all limited to ten rounds this is of little value.
    * P220 magazines will work in the P245.

the sig 229 mags will fit in a sig 2340 sigpro. They dont match up well at the base of the grip, but they seem to be made for each other otherwise.

Will it shoot? me and my local sig armour didnt see any reason why not. But never did fire it to see for sure. I guess it wasnt all that important since the bottoms didnt match.

Tim :)

Back