Which scope for 10/22

are you useing it for traget shooting or just fun? You can get a 4x leoupld for about that much. or if you want high power BSA makes a good scope also. this scope are made in china like simmon and tasco but to me are a lil better.

Leupolds are hard to beat if you can spring for the price. I spent about $100 for a Weaver 4X in silver finish for my stainless 10/22. It is clear and functions well after 1000's of rounds through the gun. It also looks good and has good eye relief. Good luck.

I have two Weaver scopes that I'm pretty happy with. Both of them were very good values for the money. They make a 2-7x Rimfire scope that I got on sale for $99 a few months ago.

If you can go a little more money, S.W.F.A. ( http://www.riflescopes.com ) has the Weaver V-16 4-16x42 scope, with adjustable objective and target knobs, for $219. This is more of a target/varmit scope, that may be a little more than you need for a 10/22. However, it would still be a good match, particularly if you were to put a match barrel on the rifle down the road.

[This message has been edited by pbash (edited January 13, 2000).]

I used my 10/22 for plinking and general target shooting. I went with the low cost scope. A .22LR's recoil is not much to knock a scope off it's zero.
I bought a Bushnell 3-9x40mm Sportview. This scope cost me under $70. Hit the same hole over and over again. :)

You can get a Bushnell Sportview 3x9 for about 40 bucks from http://www.mostlysports.com/ and it's all I've needed. They work great on a 10/22. One of those auto bolt release things would be nice also. When you have the bolt locked open you just have to pull the bolt back and release it to close it instead of fumbling with the latch.

Recoil sensitivity is not the only criteria for a scope. Repeatability of settings is another important one and that's where the cheap $40 scopes tend to fall down compared to a quality scope, even on a lowly 10/22. With a good scope, you can be dead nuts on at, say 50 yards, then crank 5 minutes of elevation on to be dead nuts on at 100, then drop 5 minutes to go back to 50 yards and find that your bullets are hitting exactly where they were before. Many people don't need this repeatability, but its nice to know its there if you do.

[This message has been edited by pbash (edited January 14, 2000).]

I really like & normally use Leupold, but that's a lot higher than < $150.

I have put Swift on a 10/22s, a 77-22M and a M77-MKII, all with very good success. These scopes only run about 100 to 125 for the 2x7s & the 3x9s. Warranty is accross the counter for life (ie direct exchange at the store if it fails). Optics are not bad at all for the price either. Swift also has a web site, but I haven't ever figured out how to look through a scope on a web site.

Anyway, You might want to check them out if a gun store near you sells them.

I think that the Nikon Buckmaster line of scopes starts in that price range.. I have a 4x from that line on my 10/22 mag and it is really nice, but I forgot how much I paid for it.... ;(

Best I've found is the "Simmons Mini Mag 4x28". Just 7.25" long and works well on .223 also. Inexpensive with a bullet proof warranty and I don't work for Simmons!

To k in ar...My retired father in law was the chief research tech for Swift for years. Accordingly I have a raft of the old original Swift scopes of all kinds. All of the early Swift optics had all metal internal parts. One I have is an extremely low profile fixed 8 power, water-proof with no protruding windage/elevation knobs. They are underneath a rear cylinder immediately in front of the eypiece. Access is simply unscrew and pull the sleeve to the rear! Very slick. No longer made.....too bad. The access wasn't "handy" enough for most folks. I love that one. have it mounted on an FN.

Back