Which Ruger LCR calibers do you have?

Which Ruger LCR calibers do you currently have?

• 38 Special +P

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • 357 Magnum

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 9mm

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • 327 Federal Magnum

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 22 Lr

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 22 Mag

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I don't have an LCR

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sudo

I'm trying to determine the relative popularity of different calibers in LCRs.

Please check all the calibers you currently own (not ones you may have sold in the past).

My wife has an LCR in .38, while I have two LCRX (2" & 3") in .38. I plan to add another 3" LCRX in .22 soon.

Have an LCR in 9mm. No problems at all and no bullet pull outs due to recoil as some have said. Of course most are reloads thru a Lee factory crimp die also but no bullet pull with any quality factory SD loads including some +P+ stuff

Interesting poll.

The total amount LCR users is 75.92%.

The amount of non-LCR users is 37.04%.

That all adds up to 112.96%.

What gives? Must be a polymer poll.

If you own more than one you get to enter all that you own.
It's a little harder to use percentages when the rules are flexible.
I am a great Ruger fan but not a fan of the LCR or LCP. Alloy frames or not they are too small to shoot well.

I am a great Ruger fan but not a fan of the LCR or LCP. Alloy frames or not they are too small to shoot well.

I've never shot an LCP but the LCR does something very special for its size. It achieves a near perfect meld with my hand. The grip maximizes contact and sort of hooks into my fingers. It's also soft and cushy. It allows for a more comfortable and more controllable shooting experience versus just about anything approaching that size and weight class.

That said, anything in that size and weight class is going to thump with full-power .357 magnum. It might be better but this is unavoidable. I find that the LCR really shines with .38 special or the 85-grain load in .327 Federal. If you haven't tried the latter, I strongly recommend it.

I own the LCR in 22LR. Would like to get the LCRx in 22LR. Would like to get a LCR in 38spl down the road. If I see a LCRx in 22LR at a gun shop and it is priced reasonably, I'll probably buy it.

I have the .38 because I knew deep down I would only shoot 5 rounds of .357 before wimping out and switching to .38 anyway. :)

Back