Which Press?

goob

Inactive
I've been shooting more than I ever have lately, and figured it's about time to start reloading myself. I've been using a friends setup, and it works great, but I hate bugging him all the time. I love the MEC products (it's what I'm used to), but I found a great deal on a used Pacific/Hornady 366 auto. Does anyone have any experience w/ these machines? In great shape, how much is it worth? Thanks.

I haven't used one yet, but I picked up a .20 gauge 366 at a very good price. For what I paid, I thought that getting the dies for a 12 gauge would come cheap and I'd be on my way.

Wow. I was surprised when I found out that the Hornady 12 gauge dies would cost around $140. At that price, I'd be better of to just go with a new MEC. Switching dies on a MEC is quite a bit cheaper.

Back to your original question: I know others who reload on their 366s and are quite happy.

A shooting buddy has a 366 while I have a MEC 9000G and neither of us wants to trade. MEC was my choice because I already had one of their single stages and didn't want to get an extra set of bushings.

Switching dies on shotgun loaders whether MEC or Hornady is a significant bother for very little saving. Most usually get a separate loader for another gauge.

Back