Which Pistols come with red dot mounting plates from the factory?

silver-bullet

I’m looking to buy a semi-auto that will accept a red dot sight, but I don’t want to shop around for the mounting plates separately. I’ve noticed that some guns’ mounting plates are extremely hard to find (for example the HK VP9), so I’m only interested in manufacturers who INCLUDE mounting plates with the gun.

Heckler & Koch DOESN’T include them (which IMHO is dumb), and neither does Walther (also dumb).

I know Glock includes plates with their MOS guns, and Smith & Wesson includes them with their CORE models.

Who else includes them, and which models?

Thanks.

FN also includes them with the 509 series of pistols.

CZ with their P10 is similar to HK and the plates have to be bought separately and are very hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Walther Q5 Match came with 3 mounting plates. One of them fit my Vortex Venom and that was all I was worried about.

Canik supplies some, but I'm not sure which ones. The Elite SC comes with a plate for the Shield optic.
As well as the Sig Romeo Zero. Canik sfx model came with 3 plates.

EDIT: For accuracy sake the post below is correct. I mis-remembered that there are four plates with the sfx.

Last edited:
The FN 509 series does indeed come with the plates. I have the 509 Tactical. I honestly would never advise anyone to buy one. I had problems with mine light striking primers straight out of the box. I contacted FN customer service to be told. I would have to pay shipping both ways. As well as minimum $75 to have them take a look at it. The cost would go up if it were more than a minor problem. ( I have the saved email, and screen shots of the conversation.) The problem was not brand specific. It did the same thing with 6 brands of factory ammo. The only thing I could get it to fire was ammo loaded with some vintage Federal primers. One in 5 fired after multiple strikes.

It turned out to be cheaper to install an Apex trigger, spring kit, and striker. The gun went from 0% fire reliability to 90%. The gun is a strict range toy. I would never trust my life to its reliability.

The FNX is a great one if you have the money. I am not sure if the Sig guns have the plates with them or not.

The FN 509 series does indeed come with the plates. I have the 509 Tactical. I honestly would never advise anyone to buy one. I had problems with mine light striking primers straight out of the box. I contacted FN customer service to be told. I would have to pay shipping both ways. As well as minimum $75 to have them take a look at it. The cost would go up if it were more than a minor problem. ( I have the saved email, and screen shots of the conversation.) The problem was not brand specific. It did the same thing with 6 brands of factory ammo. The only thing I could get it to fire was ammo loaded with some vintage Federal primers. One in 5 fired after multiple strikes.

It turned out to be cheaper to install an Apex trigger, spring kit, and striker. The gun went from 0% fire reliability to 90%. The gun is a strict range toy. I would never trust my life to its reliability.

The FNX is a great one if you have the money. I am not sure if the Sig guns have the plates with them or not.

That’s disappointing to hear about the 509. I had considered buying one.

SIG isn’t using a plate system currently. They adopted the Deltapoint Pro footprint as the default (at least last I knew).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back