Which of the following 9mm is the best for law enforcement?

• 9mm FNS-9 Long Slide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9mm Glock 34

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • 9mm M&P Performance Center Ported (5 inch barrel)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 9mm Beretta 92FS

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange list.

You left out a number of viable options.

Is this a list of your choices, the options your department is giving you or just some random list?

Your list is somewhat skewed- the only duty sized, no bells or whistles, standard LE carry choice is the Beretta, which would not be my first choice. You left out pretty much all of what US LEO's carry.

None of the above, they are all unnecessarily long and bulky.

FN, Glock, or S&W standard barrel length models are fine.
Maybe a Beretta Centurion.

ATN082268:
9mm FNS-9 Long Slide
9mm Glock 34
9mm M&P Performance Center Ported (5 inch barrel)
9mm Beretta 92FS

I never met an LEO who carried an FNS or a 5" M&P.
The list of departments carrying the 92 gets shorter every year.
Although I know a couple of LEO who own G34's, they carry 19/23 or 17/22 frames.

Odd list is odd.

Why would your provided 'list' of potential LE service pistols include mostly comp/sporting pistols, and one rather large & bulky 9mm service pistol seeing significantly decreased use in civilian LE?

Seems a bit odd to me, but then I'm looking at it from the admittedly skewed perspective of having carried a badge for more than 30 years and having served as a LE firearms instructor for 24 years. ;)

I didn't vote because of the lack of a None of the Above option, BTW.

As others have said it is an odd question and odd list.

Why not just go with what law enforcement uses in 9mm.

Sigs are widely used...but they don't make your list.

Glock 17s and 19s are widely used but don't make the list. The 34 is set up for competition and a long slide, not a leo gun.

The Beretta is there and that makes sense.

The M&P is there but why the more expensive Performance Center version? Why would leos go for that?

Out my way third gen S&Ws are still widely used. Built like tanks they last.

Seems you believe target and competition guns should be used by leos.

tipoc

The only gun on that list that has ever seen extensive duty use is the Beretta 92.

The Glock 19/17 are common 9mm duty weapons, as are the Sig 226 or the S&W M&P.

I agree that's a pretty random list. The long slide Glock's and FNS are more suited for USPSA and don't really have a place in law enforcement, same with the ported M&P, I don't like ported guns for SD applications. The Beretta works because it has been used by LE agencies across the country as well as the current sidearm of the US military. Personally I think a Sig 226 or 229, Glock 17 or 19, M&P's along with the Beretta are good realistic choices for LEO's. I would throw H&K's in the mix, but with the cost of them it's highly unlikely any PD would throw down the cash for a few dozen of them.

tipoc said:
It's been days and the op has not commented on his initial question.

What would you like me to say? I picked a few 9mm semi-automatic handguns with 5 inch barrels and asked the people on this forum what would be the best for law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back