Which New Toy?

Mikey

I just sold a couple of pistols and have about $1500 in "mad money". I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for how to spend it! (I know...I'm spoiled)

Already have one fairly new AR - plenty of 1911's - don't need a revolver - got 22's out the ying*yang - got a Ruger VT in .243 - have a 12 guage Mossburg 835 - even have a 50 cal muzzleloader.

Been thinking about a Savage Striker, the new ones with the laminated stock, maybe a 7mm-08? Also thought about a Remington PSS or VSSF in 308 (223?)? Perhaps another AR in "space gun" form?

HELP - What's new and exciting out there???

Rob's Top 10 things for a gun nut to do with "Found Money"

10.. The manager of the Remington custom shop called yesterday to remind me of a gun I had seen two years ago. It is one of their displays. It is an awsome .17 Rem Varmint gun with a hand made thumbhole stock. The guns that Remington puts out of the custom shop are First Class all the way. They are selling it at lowest-whoelsale-get-rid-of-it-employee pricing... $2061.00 (sell another gun..)

9. Custom Built Pseudo-Scout Rifle.

8. Get approved for Class III, buy a MAC-11 and a suppressor.

7. RT Glock Hunter and a three day Whitetail hunting trip to try it out on.

6. A Clark Custom Meltdown Carry job to one of your existing 1911's. (and $800 in ammo)

5. A New Beretta AL390 with custom barrel and chokes from Ballistic Specialties and a Deluxe Shooters package at The Third Annual Irlene Mandrell Celebrity Shoot to try it out at.

4. A Complete Clark Custom Meltdown down on a New Caspian Frame and a couple extra mags.

3. A DVD Player and most of the movies I mentioned in the "Movie Break!" thread.

2. A romantic evening for you and your wife in the gun friendly city of your choice (airfare, hotel & Dinner).

1. Ammo! Ammo! Ammo!

------------------
-Essayons

Mikey~

You can never own too many ARs.

I like Rob's idea about the Class III license, however, when I have "mad money" sitting around, I usually end up throwing it into a mutual fund. God I'm boring! :)

I suggest the space-gun....or something completely different, non-firearm related. A used John Deere.

Mikey~

You can never own too many ARs.

I like Rob's idea about the Class III license, however, when I have "mad money" sitting around, I usually end up throwing it into a mutual fund. God I'm boring! :)

I suggest the space-gun....or something completely different, non-firearm related. A used John Deere.

You guys just don't know what you're up against! I said I was spoiled.

Great ideas Rob, keep 'em coming - I know you have more. (The Clarks are nice but my current 1911's include a Wilson 1996-A2 w/ nite eyes and a full custom Caspian based stainless 40 cal and another in 22LR) And EVERY evening with my wife is romantic - has been for nearly 25 years. The custom shop Remington is worth a look.

Sorry spleenandideal, my John Deere 870 is only 4 years old and its 4-wheel drive, to boot. It and a 5 foot Woods mower cut a 2 acre yard in 45 minutes! Hey, I could put one of those hard scabbards on it to hold my space rifle...yeah, that's the ticket.

How 'bout a Phaser?

Beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

Got one on my Huey - but it cost more than $1500...just kidding...I really don't have a Huey...honest, I don't...I swear!

The LR 300 is pretty cool looking, but an AR by any other name....

If you are really interestedin the .17 rem call Tim McCormick at the Remington Custom Shop in Ilion New York, Email for the phone number.

Anyway,

How about a down payment on a Ducati 996?

Custom built 10/22 target gun (full-out)?

Desert Eagle.

20 NAA mini-revolvers (bulk discount) to give to your favorite TFL members on their birthdays (I hope you get them by April 2nd ;)).

Ammo! Ammo! Ammo!

A new suit with an extra inch in the waist for IWB holsters.

Nikon Rangefinding Scope and a Rem 700 to put it on.

Custom made Mad Dog Knife (okay, a couple of them.).

S&W Performance Center 945.

Gun Safe.

AC-3 Receiver for your home theatre.

.50 BMG Rifle (sell another gun first..).

A few nice watches.

Ammo! Ammo! Ammo! (have I mentioned Ammo?)

Poor Rob, I should have capitalized SPOILED. It's true, my wife has to try really hard at Christmas 'cause I have everything!

Anyway

Honda Shadow 1100 (been there)

Custom 10-22 (with a Fajen thumbhole)

Tried the Eagle - yecch

I have the Guardian - but as gifts...hmm

ammo is a given - every chance I get

don't wear suits any more

ordering a Tasco T/S for my AR tomorrow

prefer my Benchmades

Does S&W make autos?

Gun safe...hmm...might look into that

Satellite dish

50 cal varmint gun...that has possibilities

Do you want a Rolex?

This ammo thing could be a fixation...

Mikey,

Are you really me? With few exceptions we seem to have the same collection.

Of course, I do have a .50, but I don't have a Rolex.

The S&W 945 is not a "S&W Auto".. it is another beast entirely. The only S&W Autos I will own are Performance Center guns.

Which reminds me, does Honda make motorcycles?

You are on your own. ;)

------------------
-Essayons

Back