Which Mossberg preferred for home defense?

Mossy 500 with 18 inch barrel.

The next logical question is "What pistol grips should I put on?" :) but I won't ask that question.. I wouldn't want to start anything.

Why change now, Pat(G)?....

A short bbled version would work just fine, w/o all the bells/whistles/Fuzzy dice/fender skirts. Next purchases should be ammo and range fees. After you burn up some ammo, then you might see a need for some sort of mod or accessory.

One more time,ANY reliable shotgun of at least two shot capacity is a HD weapon of humongous potential in TRAINED, competent hands...

A short barrelled version is fine. No pistol grips, PLEASE! I prefer the parkerized version myself. Any one will do you fine though. I second the recommendation to buy lots of ammo to practice with. Concentrate on the elimination of short-stroke and pattern the gun with your chosen load at realistic engagement distances to know what it's capable of.

I have a Mossberg 500 Persuader which works well for me. They are a bargain as far as I am concerned. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $197. 20", holds 8 shells. I have never had any problems with mine, and have shot about 400 rounds thru it. Hope this helps. Opie

Either the 500 or 590 will do quite well. I've never used their semi-auto defense gun so I won't opine on them.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

If I had to pick a Mossberg it would be the 590A1. Steel safety and triggergroup, thicker barrel and it has beefier extractors as opposed to the other Mossbergs

[This message has been edited by G. Kennedy (edited August 01, 2000).]

Back