which mag carrier to get?

ruda

Inactive
I'm interested in getting some magazine carriers to fit on my belt for concealed carry. I need ones for glock and 1911 single column mags. What are some good options besides the $40 ones from places like Galco and other expensive companies. I'm not set on one type of material. Could any of you also give me some sources too. Thanks.

Uncle mikes makes a double carrier that can be carried vertical or horizontal.(sp). I like it because you can sit without it cutting in to my gut. It is nylon, and the only problem I have with it is it isn't a snap type, so you have to(depending on what side you wear it on,) take off your whole belt to get it off your body. Mine is for the double stack mags, so it should work for your glock. It has velcro closures, so it may work for the single stack too. I can't remember if they make one for single. I also don't remember what I paid for it, but I would guess around 20 bucks.

I use a Fobus dual mag paddle for my 9mm Glock mags. It holds the mags firmly, but not too firmly, and the price is right, especially for those of us who like to experiment with an Xacto knife.:)

For my Sig mags, I went back to the Fobus and tried two more paddles, same model, but found that they both were much too tight (could barely insert/remove the mags), and that one was tighter than the other. I also tested my Glock mags in another carrier identical to the one I bought, and found that the fit was different.

This kind of variation between samples of the same product model, including their holsters, is consistent with what I've seen posted about Fobus gear on the various boards. If it fits, it works well, and doesn't hurt your wallet.

Try before you buy.

At this moment I, too, am testing Fobus mag carriers both in 9mm double-stack and 1911-pattern single-stack.

Very secure on belt, and the mags are NOT going anywhere unless I do it.
Not bad for the price...

I would second the choice of the Fobus magazine holders. I recent purchased the paddle-style double mag holder for my Glock 17 and 19 (works for both). The paddle style is nice because it's versatile. I'm planning on using mine for carry and competition shooting. I'm not so sure how well it will conceal though. I may opt for something different in terms of concealed carry (like a pocket).

CCW Magazine pouches

Several years ago I was over at the local indoor range and the range officer ask me if I had any idea how to CCW with an extra magazine and not have the public screaming "HE'S GOT A GUN!!!

I went to my belt and opened a knife pouch [It had GERBER on it] and pulled out my knife. The knife was/is a Glock 21 pre-ban magazine. The next day they were selling knife cases that fited magazines.

Back