Which laser/light combos for an handgun picatinny rail do I want?

Pond James Pond

Gun: SP-01, so regular accessory rail.

Dad is in Texas and so may ask to have a look around if he sees any gun stores.

However, he is neither expert nor going there to shop for my toys so can you recommend a decent laser/torch combo that would fit my SP-01 which is likely to on the shelf in any relatively decent gun-store?

Also, what budget should I expect?

Finally, can anyone confirm for certain if someone can buy them and then pack them away in a suitcase? Is it one of these controlled items?
I know optics are out, but surely a torch is OK.

I can buy a meeting room laser pointer and a hand-torch anywhere, but put the two together with a rail attachment and suddenly it can get weird. You just never know and I don't want one of my dad's holiday memories being arrested at the airport!! :eek:

Is it one of these controlled items?
You might want to check with some companies to see if exporting laser sights is prohibited

I'd also be surprised if a "gun store" had them on hand

A place like Gander Mountain would be more likely to have that sort of thing in stock

I found this:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/export.html

Several items on the website may require an export license, including, but not limited to, the following:

Generation 2, 3, or 4 Night Vision Equipment and Night Vision Accessories

Thermal Imaging Equipment and Heat Seekers

Optical Sighting Equipment and Tactical Lights (both Hand-Held and Weapon-Mountable), Accessories, and Mounting Hardware

Tactical Gear and Weapon Accessories
Knives

Military Apparel including Body Armor, Helmets and Helmet Accessories, and Shields

Some Laboratory Equipment

Some Electronic Equipment

Last edited:
Back