which knight muzzeloader

klcmschlesinger

I am looking at getting a muzzeloader for next deer season and don't want a piece of junk that will blow up in my face, but I am not going to put out the money for the TC pro hunter. I am pretty much looking at Knight's line. What are the pros and cons of the Vision, Bighorn, Revolution II, Extreme? Any first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a Knight "Revolution" a few years ago, Great looking, Straight shooting, pretty easy clean-up, And I have taken a few deer with it, ONE problem, Mis-fires!!!!! I have been very lucky in that a couple of the deer I shot were kind enough to wait while I reset the primer, sometimes it is just reseting (or cocking) the lever, I would really be Pi-- if I were looking at a trophy, but so far just does, I called knight, but did not get much satisfaction, I thought about selling it, but my consence will not let me do that unless I sold it to a person who knew of the problem, I have heard of a new style breech plug, (the dome) (I think) I am going to look into that, or it will be a TC for me!!!! I personally think that Knight Screwed up on the early "Revolutions" but that is life. I really like the "Knight" but a few mis-fires will really shake your confidence, Just my opinion, Oybor

I haven't, shot mine yet but I just got a knight long range hunter, and I'm impressed with everything I've read and seen so far.

I had a knight wolverine that was a great bang for the buck ML. It has a green mountain barrel like the rest...the same accuracy guarantee, and is simple to use.

Kinda wish I still had it.

Elite or Extreme

I was looking at the Knight Elite at Bass Pro yesterday and it was pointed out to me how the Elite was concidered an "open breech" because the bolt doesn't completely close off the primer. There is a small opening in the side of the bolt that weather could get into. They didn't have the extreme there for me to compare and the clerk didn't know, but is the extreme completely closed or does it have the opening in the bolt?

I have the Revolution, If I were to purchase a Knight Rifle I would do as Sevro 77 suggested, the Knight wolverine, it is infact, the Biggest Bang for the Buck!!! Good Luck, Oybor

Knight Disc

I've got the older Disc rifle.
The only problem I have had with this Muzzlerloader is the
bolt.
And this was my fault,as I was putting the bolt back together,
I unlocked the spring.
One the Newer Disc they have changed the bolt.
I have hunted for a week in rainny cold weather,with the same load
and the rifle still fired.
Great rifles.

Back