Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Phone but no gun

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No gun and no phone

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pistoler0

Since carry guns and phones can be more or less in the same price category, I thought it would be fun to ask which of the categories in the poll describes you?

If you want to mention age group that might be helpful too. I would speculate that younger folks care more about electronics and older folks about the firearm, but who knows.

I am in my early 50s, cheap phone (<$100 Motorola) and customized Glock gun (around $1300)

No guidelines on cheap vs expensive because that is different for everybody depending on income bracket etc. So by cheap or nice I mean to you.

Basically do you care more about quality in carry guns or in phones?

Last edited:
By the way the reason why I posted this thread is that I started another one asking whether or not to use a firearm if a maimed animal is found on the side of the road:
Use of firearm: maimed animal on side of the road

and most of you are thoughtfully suggestingg to call animal control or 911. And I just thought: "holly cow that's true, I also got a phone! " :)

Last edited:
Not sure how you would rate quality in either category.

Expensive does not mean better.

And I can't quite get my mind to even consider spending a thousand dollars on either a phone or handgun.

I am slightly south of 80 but love technology (usually have about 8 or 9 computers running 24/7) and my watch would make Dick Tracy envious that his Wrist Radio was so limited and useless.

I sometimes carry my phone when out and about because it makes a great way to cover the outline of the pistol in my pocket but calls and text messages would be handled with my watch.

IPhone 10 Max and Beretta Model 84 (warmer, no coat weather) or Beretta 92X Elite (cooler, jacket weather).

WalMart LG phone <$100 ... and a KelTec P32 carry gun. The phone, I'd call cheap. The pistol, inexpensive, not necessarily cheap.

My phone is way more expensive than my (carry) pistol, but that's not because I cheaped out. I'd have been happy to pay much more for it. I can't help they are such good value! :rolleyes:

I like a nice phone, however I try to cheap out where I can. I use my phone until its having major issues, either due the battery not charging, or the software not updating anymore and not being supported. I try to wait until a new phone comes out and buy the last model s its usually discounted.

For carry guns, I have good reliable guns, P365, G19. Granted they cost less than my phone but they are great options.

1400. S&W 1911sc e vs. BLU r9 250. I have not had a cell phone plan....ever, always buy my own phone and go month to month, customer service seems to be much better when your not obligated to pay them. I pay 70. a month for unlimited everything with two phone numbers/sim cards in the same phone, business line and personal.

Neither my phone or my carry gun are anything special. I wouldn't say they're cheap, I'd say they're functional.

Beretta Pico for EDC, cheap refurbished S7 for phone. Since driving and talking/Text messaging on a phone while driving is a pet peeve of mine and one of the most dangerous things I think is possible to do, I do not use the phone much. I pay $35.00 a month for full unlimited service. The next phone, I will again pay cash, low cost phone.
The chances of needing the firearm are very slim to none, the chances of needing a phone for emergency services much greater. And even a cheap phone can call 911. The Pico is high quality low cost, but totally reliable. Monthly maintenance like any firearm, (ammo) is very expensive. And I spend a lot on ammo, the Pico is fun to shoot, I find the phone to be nothing but a boring nuisance and nothing fun about it. I see so many people distracted every where using a phone which is contrary to situational awareness.

Last edited:
IPhone 10X. Glock 36 or Beretta Tomcat.
I use my phone constantly - for communication, for scheduling, for Internet access, for music, for shopping, and more. This post was edited on my phone.
My guns....fortunately, I have never had to use them for anything other than practice.

Last edited:
Back