Votes: 45 45.0%
  • MP9

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Something Else...

Votes: 26 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunnut17

All things considered,(Weight, RPM, cartridge, etc.)if you were a soldier, and you had to bring one of these SMGs/PDWs with you on a special operation, What would it be?

-FN P90
-HK MP7
-HK MP5
-BT MP9(Either in 9mm or 6.5X25mm)

Last edited:
I have shot the P90s. It seemed like a nice gun. Never laid eyes on the full auto version.

The B&T and the MP7 I have seen but never handled or fired.

I have shot MP5s a bit. I'll go with the MP5.

As weird as it might sound, the Uzi either a full size or mini. It's a very space eifficient and quite a reliable design.

I finally had the chance to handle a MP5 SMG a while back...NOTHING about it fits me. Even one with extended controls was uncomfortable. It seems liked selector is just too short. It's also needlessly complicated and a pain clean.

As far as 5.7 or 4.6 and body armor...the threat is either from a developing country (no armor) or will be wearing armor with ceramic inserts that will easily stop either round. I'll take a rifle in the later scenerio and stick with the 9mm in the former.

It makes me sad that the "H&K Slap" is so anti-southpaw, otherwise I'd be all over the MP5. The PS90 is fun to shoot, so that would be my choice. I haven't shot an Uzi, so I can't say one way or the other what they're like.

Back