which gun for ipda?

odsixer

I'm going to a holster course in a couple of weeks and I currently own a full size kimber .45 but due to the cost of ammo I'm considering buying a 9mm, maybe the s&w 9mm. I plan on doing some ipda in the future. So what would you guys do, sitck with the .45 or purchase a 9mm?

You have the .45acp so... for less money than another pistol, you could pick up a Dillon Square deal (this press includes the dies), and components. The reloads would be cheaper than buying new 9mm ammo.
I will admit that I am a .45 fan.

I'll third the reloading press! If you are going to load pistol cases, the Square Deal is the Dillon to get. Cheaper and faster than the 550. Reloading will pay for it's self in a short time if you shoot much. I wouldn't trade a Springfield for a Para anything. Put a long trigger and decent sights on your Springfield and you have CDP covered. Buy another 1911 in 9mm, (Springfield/Kimber/STI) and you'll have an ESP gun as well. For SSP you'll need a Glock 17/34. Now all You need is a couple of revolvers for SSR and ESR. See how simple it is!:eek:
Good shooting, IDPA is loads of fun!!
str1

use the gun you already have

Figure out a way to actually shoot the gun you already have; reloading is a good way.

(Rd-ct at IDPA matches is very low; don't let ammo cost stop you from trying it).

Back