Which Fox Labs Pepper Spray ???

John Ringo

Sorry if this has been covered.

I am going to get myself one, and my girlfriend one today.

Should I get the 4oz for me, and the 2oz for her? How about stream versus fog? Any ideas on this one? Should I get the cop-top or the magnum?

Regards,
JR

I'm no expert, but at least I'll bump this thread to the top for ya.

I recently bought two cans of Fox 5.3 in the "fog" option. They are flip-top cans (2 oz). Fit OK in jeans pockets and fit well my GF's purse. I caught a whiff of the stuff (see recent thread on the subject), and it is potent.

JMHO but I would recomend the 2oz, big enough to minimize propellent leakage ( my understanding is that there is always some leakage from the valve assembly and that the larger units can last longer since proportionetly less is lost in the same time period.) I understand that it is recomended to replace them once a year regardless of size. I would not recomend the 4oz due to difficulty in carrying and concealing and a 2oz that you or your girlfriend has on you is much better than a 4 oz or 1lb unit left at home.

As far as stream or fog, beats the heck out of me.

NukemJim

I suggest stream instead of fog.

Stream will contaminate the immediate atmosphere *less*, is *less* affected by wind, and can be applied from a greater distance. However stream requires a little more accuracy to achieve a good facial application.

I also suggest you purchase inert training units, wear goggles and practice spraying each other so you learn the spray pattern characteristics.

Very impressed as in, "I just sprayed myself in the face and I'm contemplating a self-inflicted gunshot wound to end the agony?" :D :D

Seriously, I feel good knowing how incapacitating this stuff is. Gives you another option when danger comes.

My GF gave me disturbing news recently. She says she doesn't think she would be able to pick up a weapon and shoot an intruder in the home.

So my last option was to ask her if she would hesitate to use spray, she said no not at all.

So I was going to have to do a little research here and now I do not. Thanks fellas. :)

djw6611,

She's been to the range with me a number of times to shoot trap, the .22lr, my .270...etc.

Her issue is she can't point and shoot at a person... thanks for the link though.

Back