Which Conversion is Best?

Griswold

I'm considering acquiring a conversion cylinder for my Uberti Remington - Which drop-in system is best - the Kirst, or the R & D? there are a few differences - apparentlythe Kirst recoil plate does not rotate, and has only the one firing pin. What holds it in place, if it's a drop in (and I presume, drop-out as well) unit? The two pieces do not have to constantly rotate together (as they do in the R & D) so I presume there's less wear & tear between those two parts as well. Am I right? I'd like to hear from folks who have seen/owned either. Thanks, Griswold

Sundance44s

I have one of each brand for my Remmies .. i like the R&D drop in much better than the Kirst because ... for (#1 it`s historically correct) .. (#2 it holds 6 shots )(#3 it has 6 fireing pins ) ( #4 if you want to only load 5 chambers you can and chose which hole to leave empty ) I can`t think of any advantage of the Kirst model but they both are made well and function well .

The Kirst converter recoil plate is held in place by the square bottom/top cut and an interference fit with the bottom strap/top strap. I personally prefer the Kirst, as you can get them with a loading gate. That and the fact I've yet to find a local place that sells the R&D.

The Kirst Konverter makes a Pietta 1858 Remington shoot like a $500.00 handgun. Of course adding in the price of the Konverter does make it a $500.00 handgun! Seriously though, I really like mine.

Sundance44s

I try not to think about the 500 bucks invested in the cap and ball with the conversion cylinder ... oh well at least we have the best of both worlds this way .

Back