Which compact or full size 9mm has the least amount of recoil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Browning High-Power always felt comfortable to me. I also like HK's, specifically the P7M8, but it does kick more than my old Browning(just as accurate, though!)and is smaller for carry. If you have small hands, the Browning is probably the smallest gripped, metal framed, double column 9mm out there today.

It wasn't very popular, but the colt Government model in 9mm with the steel frame was a real pussycat to shoot. I understand that Sig made the 220 in 9mm, probably that one would be nice too.

The Sig 229 in 9mm has a reputation for being sweet to shoot, that's a compact double stack pistol with a steel frame, and a special trigger for small hands is available from the factory for this pistol. If you can find one, Steyr made a pistol called the GB that was a steel framed, gas operated 9mm, and it also had a reputation for being a soft shooter if I remember right. Hope some of this helps you out.

------------------
With my shield or on it...

The Ruger P-95 has got to be the perfect gun for the money. Give the de-cocker a try, and you'll end up getting one.

trust me....
Ben

Technically all 9mm have the same amount of recoil for the same ammunition. The amount you perceive is effected by a number of things: weight of the gun, how the weight is distributed, height of the center of the bore in relation to the hand, compensators, recoil reducers, and width and shape of the grip. To me one of the lowest recoil 9mm is a Glock 17. All the weight is high on the gun, longer barrel puts it out front, the lowest bore line available, I think there is a 17C compensated model, it has a long, wide grip to spread the recoil energy out over a wider area, a Sprinco recoil reducer an be added for more effect. A full size 1911, all steel, with Brescovich Advantage grips and a tungsten guide rod would probably not have very much felt recoil either.

The H&K P7 and the P13 has low recoil, thanks the the gas-retarded blowback recoil system.

Look for the heaviest 9mm auto with the longest barrel... or a ported auto.

as the owner of one P7, I must say it does recoil a lot more than my Glock17. Not only that, it has a weird "twist" to its recoil. The gas retard system is required because the P7 is essentially a blow back and its slide lacks the sufficient mass because of a fix bbl system.

My vote is still with the Glock. Especially the 17. Accurate, lightweight, durable and reliable. Low recoil and can't ask for anything else.

I've shot the Walther P99, HK P7M13, and HK USP, all in 9mm, and found the USP to have the least "felt" recoil. The P7M13 isn't bad...its by far the heaviest of the bunch...but the shape of the backstrap isn't very ergonomic, which I think is inducing increased "felt" recoil.

Hello MagnumForce; Personally, I prefer the
Sig-Sauer P226 in 9m/m, for the lowest amount
of felt recoil.

------------------
Ala Dan

Speaking as an absolute amateur...

If you can, try the 9mm Beretta Cougar 8000/9.

You would be surprised how little recoil there is. It's virtually nothing compared to the Glocks. I don't know if it's the distribution, the heavier weight, the grips, or the so-called recoil-reducing rotating barrel.

-jon

The USP pistols have a recoil buffer in them that makes a difference that you can feel. They can be had in Compact or Full.

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I have shot Glocks in 9mm, 10mm and .40 S&W. The recoil of the G17 was to me very low, and I shot very well with it. The 10mm and the .40 seemed to have about the same recoil as the 9mm.

What am I trying to say here? The G17 is the lowest recoiling 9mm I've ever shot.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

Try sig P229 9mm, it has least recoil, and really accurate. Also, try Daewoo DP51, even though the gun is not a popular gun, it is reliable,and has least recoil(probablely less than the Sig, but the Sig is more accurate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back