Which Bushmaster to buy?

mic007tfp

I am getting a AR-15, and was wondering which model Bushmaster (excluding DCM) would be best for accuracy? (I am not into the use of the weapon for defense).

I was considering the Dissapator or V-Match. I was curious what the difference was between the two. The only difference I could spot from the Bushmaster page was the forend of the V-Match floats. Thanks..

------------------
You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherf**ker, motherf**ker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE."

- Jules

Bushmaster is a great vendor and produces a great product. However, I own a DPMS upper combined with a Bushmaster lower.

Please don't overlook DPMS as a possible vendor for your AR15 purchase. I received excellent customer service from DPMS and my DPMS Southpaw AR15 upper is of excellent quality and finish. Accuracy is great as well.

In my own transaction, because of the Y2K buying frenzy, DPMS took four months to deliver. All AR15 manufacturers are now behind on their orders. However, DPMS discounted the rifle and included a chromed bolt carrier group at no extra charge to make up for the backlog. Great guys at DPMS.

All of my friends own DPMS AR15's and they have never had a problem.

Good luck with your purchase. Yours in marksmanship.

[This message has been edited by Stoic (edited June 18, 1999).]

Mic,

The dissipator is a carbine(16 inch barrel) that has a longer site radius than the regular carbine. Because of this the forends are longer. This is a duty rifle. I went to bushmaster and I think what got you confused is that they offer it in a "V match" upper or a carry handle. V match is thier lingo for a flat top(no carry handle).

The Vmatch rifle on the other hand has a 20,24, or 26 inch barrel that is free floated and only comes in flat top.

Enjoy!

Olazul

Hey Stoic, welcome to the southpaw AR clique of The Firing Line. Myself and fal308 also have the DPMS southpaw gun. Mine was built from parts by yours truly and what fun it was. I'm now considering buying their flattop southpaw upper - for the children, of course!

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Go ahead and get a Bushmaster - If you dont mind VERY POOR Customer Service...

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Bushmaster's customer rep on ar15.com is one of the coolest and most helpful person I've met so far on any of these boards. No company goes without having a few pissed off customers, but everyone on ar15 typically agrees that Bushmaster or Armalite are the way to go. I own a Bushmaster and have been completely pleased with the quality of the rifle.

mic: Go with the Bushmaster. I got a colt MT6700 in January, and was kind of dissapppointed with it. Also, Colt's customer service SUCKS. I had problems with the 9-round mags that came with the rifle and it took FOREVER to get them replaced, and when I got them they were all scratched up (they put both in an envelope together and mailed).

Bushmaster: for accuracy, go with the 20" bbl, heavy. Get the flat top if you want to mount scopes easily. Good luck, I think they are quite backordered. You could always pick one up if the dealer has a model and then order an extra upper direct from bushmaster. I would like a 16" carbine upper next, but the cash is too low.

Blackie

Back