Which brand Remmie is best ?

Brent Vinson

Inactive
I'm looking at getting a Remmington cap and ball revolver.

I've had good luck with both Pietta and Uberti so I wonder if there are any real quality issues between.:confused: One thing I have noticed is the Pietta version seems to have more room behind the trigger than the Uberti. The grip coms back farther before curving down. I have pretty long fingers so I think the Pietta might be a better fit for me. Am I right here ? Has anyone handled both versions and if so, is there any difference in grip geometry. The pictures of the Uberti version look pretty cramped behind the trigger guard.

Any input is much appreciated.

Brent

Uberti is nice

I have an Uberti. I have maybe larger hands, but there is not any free room between my middle finger and the trigger guard. I will look at gunshows and see how authentic that is. I cannot afford an original. Suspect prices are alot higher on them than 25 years ago! The Uberti is very well made, the only inauthentic thing is the front sight and loader latch are mounted on dovetails in the barrel. Otherwise it seems to be a very close copy. I am always amazed that Remington never bought any of these Italian guns in the white, finished them up nice with Remington markings, and sold them as an expensive collectable. A-LA Colt Blackpowder.

Attachments

• rem1.jpg
    rem1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 72
  • rem2.jpg
    rem2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 59
I have a Pietta from Cabelas. Bought it about a month ago and am very pleased with the gun and Cabelas.

bptarget.jpg

I was told that original Remingtons DID have the dovetailed front sight. I never paid attention when looking in museums.

How about a third choice?
Euroarms is the closest to the original , size heft and balance. being a copy of the Remington Old Model Army that used the Remington-Beals frames up to about no. 2000. The Euroarms '58 Remmy is based on this model. I'll take mine with tomorrow and compare it to an Uberti at the gunshow. I do believe there is more room between the tg asnd the front of the grip frame than the Uberti. I know it is about the same as the Pietta.

I believe the Remington Beals(Beals Patent) had the dovetailed sights. The original Remmy NMA didn't.

If this will help anyone,...here's a pic showing my Uberti '58 Rem (5.5") at top, and my Euroarms '58 Rem from S&S Firearms. There seems to be no difference in the space behind the trigger guard,.....but the fact that the Euroarms wood grips are smaller, does give more room for the fingers behind the trigger guard, but only very slightly. Of course , in the end, it all depends on the size of one's hand and fingers,....and one's individual grip.

t7zgie.jpg

Pietta versus Uberti grip geometry

Thanks to all for the postings !

I'm starting to believe that the Pietta does have more space behind the
triggerguard than the Uberti version. Just from looking at the pictures on the postings and the various distributors' websites seems to confirm this.

My local Bass Pro Shops stocks the Pietta version occasionally.

I'll check and see if they have any in stock I can handle.

Thanks again for your input.

Brent;)

Uberti Rems do ride my nuckle but they don't smack it.
"I was told that original Remingtons DID have the dovetailed front sight. I never paid attention when looking in museums."

I would like to think so anyway.
attachment.php

This is an original. on my screen, I can zoom in on it and it appears the front sight might be buried in a dovetail

Uberti:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Back