Which bedding kit should I buy?

i used the clear liquid epoxy from harbor freight, filled in and worked like a charm. that was two years ago, still solid and no cracks. did the lug, tang and everything inbetween. if you don't mind paying the money and wanna use what the pro's use, get some brownells steel-bed if only doing the lug. go with arca-glass resin if doing the whole stock.

check out iraqiveteran8888 on youtube for some great bedding videos. he has one where he only des the lug and tang and another that does entire glass bedding. good learning tool

Acraglass works well, you could also use JB Weld (2 hour) if you are just going to bed the recoil lug.

I've used both JB Weld and Devcon Plastic Steel , the Devcon is probably the best, but JBWeld works for me also.

Devcon and Marinetex plastic steel are favorites for match rifles. The shrink the least after they're cured.

I always use Acraglass just because thats what I learned with , it has to be one of the best fiberglass products on the market for all kinds of projects / repairs .

I prefer acragel (with flox and dye) myself.

If you go the epoxy route, make sure you remove enough material because a thin layer of epoxy can shatter upon recoil.

Midway sells kits called Bedrock, the epoxy is just the right consistency to be easy to use, and results are very good if used per the instructions. I use West Systems epoxy resin in my shop, but it takes some trial and error to get it right, and most people don't want the learning experience.

Thanks guys for the replies. I bought a Bell and Carlson medalist for my Model 7. I was thinking about just bedding the lug to start but I keep reading horror stories about accuracy falling off. It already shoots pretty good with the factory walnut stock and my reloads so I'm having second thoughts about doing anything to it. It just a hunting rifle and my furthers shoots will be about 300 yards.

Use Acraglas GEL in the green box. Plain Acraglas in the red box is very thin (great for repairing cracked stocks, a pain to fill for bedding).

It takes dye well, sets up slowly for lots of working time and just works great. Well worth the money.

Back