Which AR-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardb

At least two of my friends are contemplating a new AR-15 rifle. They want to know which brand to buy. What do you think?

A) Armalite
B) Bushmaster
C) Colt
D) Olympic Arms
E) Other (please specify)
F) Does it really matter? Get the one you can afford.

Richardb,

You can get answers to your question faster by using the search engine link in the upper right hand portion of your screen. There has been a tremendous amount of info posted on this subject, and it would take a long time to peruse thru the threads or wait for a new one to build. If you need some assistance with using the search engine, email me and I'll walk you thru it.

Mykl

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited April 20, 1999).]

Hi Richard,
I'm a new member to this forum, but have some experience with ARs, and am a member at AR15.com. Really, any of the choices would be good. Besides the ones you listed, there are also Hesse, American Spirit Arms and DPMS. These are also very good rifles. For what its worth, those on AR15.com have had quite a few complaints about length of time to get a rifle that is ordered from BM, and Oly especially. Quite a few people have stated waits of 8 weeks or more. A lot of them are saying to buy whichever you like that a dealer has in stock. Some of the complaints about different brands of rifles are that Colt uses some off size pins, and has switched to using some plastic parts(buttplate door hinge, part of buffer assembly) and BM has had some problems with overtorqueing barrel ass. causing major windage adjustments to zero rifle. Can't recall seeing anything but praise for Armalit, DPMS, and Hesse. Recommend going to AR15.com and checking out the boards.
bergie

I should have looked before I leapt. Please consider this topic closed. I have asked the Admin to close this topic.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back