WHICH AR-15 TO BUY?

Boneyard

Ok guys help me out here...IF I was going to buy an AR-15, which one is the best to have?..I would use it for competition possibly.

------------------
A MASTER OF HIS ART REVEALS IT IN EVERYTHING HE DOES

Since you have competition in mind, I would highly recommend the Bushmaster DCM model. It's a little pricey at $1100+, but comes ready for the firing line.

Just my opinion

Mikey

Top AR manufacturers are:
1. Armalite
2. Bushmaster

For competition, I would recommend the Bushmaster DCM. I think Armalite makes a National Match version of their AR.

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side

I bought a stock Bushmaster AR15 a couple of years ago. I wanted one for plinking and possible competition. I really like it as a plinker, but as far as compettion is concerned, I probably made a mistake. If I want to upgrade this rifle, it's going to cost me! Adding the NM trigger, NM sights, and free-floating barrel are not cheap upgrades. IMHO, if you are serious about competition, don't go for a stock rifle...

Don't overlook DPMS. www.dpmsinc.com They make a large selection of ARs from pump-action to 24" bull barrel flattops. Most of their actions are cast but they'll soon be coming out with forged receivers also.

If you are going to compete in service rifle have Frank White of Compass Lake Engineering build you an upper with a Krieger or Douglas barrel and have him install his trigger in a bushmaster lower for you. Far superior than anything BM will sell you.

Back