• SWR Trident-9

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Gentech Multimount

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...suggestions

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

hoytinak

Wanting to get a silencer to use with my Glock 19 and Beretta Cx4 9mm. After doing some reading I'm down to these two: Gemtech Multimount and SWR Trident-9 but leaning toward the SWR Trident-9....any thoughts? (I don't want to spend over $1000 with silencer/tax and barrel for the G19)

Edit: Anyone know of a NFA dealer in the Texas panhandle? I really don't wanna drive all the way down to Dallas or Houston.

Last edited:
I use an AAC Evolution-9 with my Sig P228 and Glock 19, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I went with a 13.5x1mm LH thread adapter, but if I had to do it again I'd probably just get 1/2x28 because it's a lot easier to get barrels in that configuration. Having said that, you can get additional adapters for the Evo-9 and swap them pretty easily.

Buy from a stocking dealer if you can. That way you can avoid the factory-direct "two week" shennanigans.

Buy from a stocking dealer if you can. That way you can avoid the factory-direct "two week" shennanigans.

Yeah, I've been trying to find a local dealer but the closest one I've found to me in Texas is about 9 hours away. :(

Why the sound suppressor? My 9 still breaks the sound barrier and makes a 'crack'. A .22 short has always been the choice of hitmen. Quiet and the round usually dances around in the cranial cavity without exiting. A pro also leaves the weapon.

The things that you learn through life!

Why the sound suppressor?

Just something different and I've just always wanted one. I thought about getting the Gemtech Outback II for my .22lrs but I've got WAY more 9mms than anything so I figured I get one for them first...then work on the .22lr.

As it is I use .22 CB shorts out of my Remington 121 for little pest around the house....works great and quiter than my air rifle.

Why the sound suppressor? My 9 still breaks the sound barrier and makes a 'crack'. A .22 short has always been the choice of hitmen. Quiet and the round usually dances around in the cranial cavity without exiting. A pro also leaves the weapon.

As for the first part of the above quote: The vast majority of factory loaded 147gr 9mm is subsonic. It is stoopid quiet coming from the Trident.

As for the second part: You're an idiot.:p

Get a pair!

147gr 9mm ammo is subsonic. 22LR subsonic is quieter. Of course, there's no need to have to choose between 9mm and 22LR, you should get both!

Quiet_Pair.jpg

Back