Where to shoot in Bloomington/normal IL.

emtgunnut23

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to shoot rifles and shotguns around Bloomington IL. I know about Darnell's gun works, but their rifle range is only open to club members. I'm looking for either a public rifle range or a good place out in the woods wheres it's safe and legal to do some plinking.

Thanks for the help.

I live here too (Normal)-as near as I can tell there's several ranges sort of nearby (1-2 hours away)-but it seems that Darnell's is the only place here in town.
I don't think you need to be a member to shoot there-I was there in October and had to pay the non-member price to shoot (a buck or two more than the member price).

Scott

I know about Darnell's gun works, but their rifle range is only open to club members

So, what's it take to join? It would probably be worth it, seeing as how it is very convenient.

I took a class there, about 5 years ago. Nice facility. I chatted with a guy, who would regularly drive up from Champaign to shoot there.

hey srry have not been on the forum in awhile. I actually ended up joining at Darnell's. The place is really cool. They have two outdoor rifle ranges one is about 50 yards the others coupla hundred haven't used the longer one yet.

To answer your question enfield it's 95$ to join for a year. Plus you have to do one work day or give another twenty. All you have to do is give them the money fill out some forms and your all set. There was a short saftey briefing too.
I took my Mosin and a .22 out there last sunday. It was really cold, but still a lot of fun.Nothing beats shooting spent shotgun shells with a .22.

Back