Where to purchase new parts from Smith and Wesson

98kman

Hello, I am new to the forum, and was just introduced to it about a week ago. Looks like it's something I will enjoy. I just purchased a Model 19-2 with a 4" barrel with a flat front partridge sight. ( I think that's what they are called). Was that an option or was it special order. I do not see them in catalogs. I would like to purchase some new screws for the side plate, and maybe replace the target hammer where someone did a poor job of trying to jewel it. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you!

John

19-2

The most common front sight on 19-2 would be a ramp type. The 6” usually came with Patridge on Ramp. The 19-2 should have front sight that Blade is pinned into rib. This pin can be hard to see without glass. The Polish is so good on some the blue looks like glass. Pin drove out, sight comes off rib. New sight put in rib and drilled through existing holes for cross pin.

As to the jeweled hammer, I had a similar problem with a 1911 trigger. You may want to take the hammer off and, using a fine stone, work the hammer back and forth while keeping it flat and polish the jeweling off. Worth a try

Back