Where to purchase a M40A1 or clone?

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this board. Pleased to meet you all.

I'm in the market for a quality .308

Could someone point me in the right direction? What are my options? Thank you in advance.

------------------
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
— Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by frankenberry_cereal (edited March 01, 2000).]

About the most authentic M40A1 would be from the same people who designed the weapon and trained the armors who built them. There are a couple of things I would not do to a replica and that is welding the recoil lug or Mag box.. If you wish to pursue this you can reach me at gale@mcmfamily.com check us out at www.mcmfamily.com. Keep in mind that the M40 is being replaced and maybe you would want to consider a later modle.

Yes it is being replaced with a Remington 700 in one of our A4 stocks and more than apt a Schnider barrel. We have been working with them for several years but very time they get ready to spend the money there is a change of command.

Gale,

While you don't endorse it or do it, what is the logic behind welding the recoil lug to the receiver? I though that the pressure from the barrel alone was enough to keep it from shifting. Thanks.

Gary

First off, Mr McMillan. Thanks, you make great stocks.
Next, not to contradict but right now sitting in the armory are 7 M40A1's with a variety of barrels( mostly Harts, but the brand new one is a Schneider, still an M40A1 though) The M40A1 is nothing more than a tricked out M700 (probably no new info there) I have not seen any of the new M40A2's yet, but supposedly they are out there, somewhere (picture 6'2" Marine staring into the distance) As far as I know nothing really new save the stock, same old M700 receivers(mine was made in 1968!!). As far as I know, there is no NEW sniper rifle planned for the Marine Corps, just rebuilt M40's(Rem 700's)They still do the job, though. Semper Fi......

Back