Where to locate a ball and cap pouch

stubbicatt

Guys, I'd like to find (at a reasonable price) a small belt pouch to hold a couple dozen balls and caps. And a flask holder for a belt.

Any good ideas where to locate it?

Try, IDAHOMIKE

I know what you are looking for and have seen them on EBay. I don't doubt that one of the M/L supply houses, carry them. Also why not contact our old friend IDAHOMIKE. PM him or phone at (559) 974-6815. He makes some pretty neat stuff and I have found him to be reasonable. He's real good at making leather look "bad" .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

As above ^

Also check eBay.

What your are looking for as far as holding caps is a "cap pouch". Do a search on eBay for "Civil War cap pouch".

A lot of CAS shooters use C & B - search on eBay for "CAS ammo pouch".

There are a wide variety of belt pouches out there . . . you just have to google of the right thing. If your are looking for a military style pouch - you might consider a "Civil War carbine cartridge box". They are not as "tall" as an infantry cartridge box. Most reproductions come with a wood block insert drilled for cartridges. The wood block could be removed and I believe you'd have room enough to carry a flask and a small bag of balls, etc. All depends on what your flask is.

You might also consider just getting a canvas or linen "haversack". These can also be found on eBay. I use an older "tarred haversack" that I've had for years to carry my flask, supplies, etc. when I go to shoot C & B.

Google for "Civil War Sutlers" - most carry pouches, etc. You might also go to the N-SSA site (North-South Skirmish Association) and look for their links to dealers. There are a number of sutlers listed there.

Or . . . . you could make your own!

Good luck in your search - hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Back