Where to get an IDPA timer?

Zach Vonler

I am interested in practicing IDPA at the local range, but practicing without a timer doesn't seem near as challenging. I searched the web a little looking for appropriate timers, but the one on the IDPA page (which has absolutely no details) is pretty much the only one I could find. After some more looking I found Competition Electronics's webpage and found some info on the Pro-Shot IV. I did also run into the Speed-Timer 3000, but it doesn't look as nice as the CE one. Does anyone have any suggestions of other timers to look at, or is the CE Pro-Shot IV kind of the standard?

Contact Denny's Shooters Supply. That's where I bought my last Competition Electronics timer. It's a very good timer for the money, not as fancy as the PACT timer, but not as expensive either. We use the Competition Electronics timers at our local IPSC matches as well.

Zach, I recently bought a bunch of stuff from a fellow who shot competitively and had to sell everything because of a terrible accident. In the stuff was a Pact Club Timer in like new condition. I'll sell it for $80 and I'll pay shipping. There are no scratches on the LED or case. I called PACT Tuesday and they're shipping the owner's/operator manual. Let me know if you're interested - I'll even throw in a new Duracell. Otherwise Ebay here we come. Bill

Zach- you are NOT allowed to practice for IDPA, it's considered a gamesman thing and will incur the Dudley Do-right penalty, or whatever it's called. Just stand up (taking advantage of available cover) and shoot. DVC motorep.

Back