Where to find blueprints free/real cheap

Dangus

I'm looking for a place to find exact, mechanical blueprints of various weapons, I am curious to know all the tolerances, the hardening proceedures etc. That kinda stuff fascinates me.

Are there any websites with this stuff for free, or a place that sells them really really cheap?

------------------
The Alcove

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me

Anyone?

------------------
The Alcove

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me

Oh, duh :D

Shoulda thought of patents. Thanks. How about foreign guns?

------------------
The Alcove

I think most guns marketed in the US will have a US Patent. I know that Steyr, Glock, and HK all have US Patents. Any patents before 1976 are usually there, but harder to search for. Good luck. First time I found the site I spent 18 hours over the weekend looking up patents.

Yep, that's a good resource.

------------------
The Alcove

For ar-15 lower, if I can type this correctly, and IF it's still a valid link: http://www.ar15.com/docs/lowerblueprint.pdf It's in adobe acrobat reader, and quite detailed.
crankshaft
paranoia is the proper frame of mind when they really are out to get You!

Just re-checked, and the link is still good, though it took almost 30 seconds to find it.
crankshaft

[This message has been edited by Juan Hunt Greer (edited October 03, 2000).]

That's another good one, thanks :)

------------------
The Alcove

Back