Where to find a bolt carrier assembly??

mic007tfp

I was all ready to order a custom NRA Match Rifle from JP Enterprises, and then they tell me that they are out of bolt carrier assemblies.. and the wait is 3 months!!! Ahhhhhh!!! I want my AR!!

Anyhow, I was wondering where to get a quality bolt carrier assembly. I heard the Fulton Armory offering is solid. Does anyone know of another good one that has a chrome or TiN finish on it? Thanks.

------------------
You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherf**ker, motherf**ker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE."

- Jules

Off the top of my head comes to mind Dillon
Precision in Scottsdale AZ.
They have as real nice hard chrome one, made from solid 8620, hardened to 58rc. -200 bucks
I have a N.M. hard chrome bolt in my
JP project gun (JP installed recoil eliminator and adjustable gas block) made by
Young Manufacturing, Phoenix Arizona. It seems to be the bolt to get here in AZ. I got mine from National Match Armorer (602-435-8279), also Phoenix based. I think it was around $150-175, but don't quote me.
BTW Dillon's # is 800-762-3845
Do order the JP rifle. My buddy just got his
Grade II. Phenomenal workmanship. Good luck,
-Chamberlin

Chamberlin, I just ordered my JP AR without the Bolt assembly and got a NM chromed assembly from Fulton Armory. Is the Bolt Carrier Assembly just to be dropped in later? And do I have to check for headspace?

Congrats on your JP order...
From personal experience, I don't think JP would of expected me to adjust headspacing on the barrel they just installed, but since headspacing is dependent on where the bolt face comes to rest relative to chamber shoulders, and bolts can vary in tolerences, I might be concerned. I dropped in my N.M. bolt and went shooting without problems. If you are really serious about knowing- for your JP or any gun, as you probably know, you can get a set of NO-GO, GO, and FIELD gauges to check for sure. I think I will get some, since I plan on building more AR's in the future. Honestly though, I don't even know for sure how headspacing is adjusted, or if it's even possible on AR-15's without using different barrel/ or bolt assy. I will find out for sure. I'm curious now. ;)
Good luck on your JP. You've made an excellent choice IMHO.
Chamberlin

[This message has been edited by Chamberlin (edited July 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Chamberlin (edited July 07, 1999).]

Back