Where to buy body armor?

David Blinder

Another thread inspired this question. Where is the best place to buy body armor? I wouldn't mind getting some for range use but I don't want to spend a fortune due to the limited use. I wouldn't have a problem with used (worn, not shot) so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them. Also, I know about the grading but if you have any thoughts as to comfort, longevity, etc, pass those on as well.

Surplus stores here sell it, pretty cheap, as police trade in's, etc.
If you can't find what you're looking for anywhere else, e mail me, and I'll see about hooking you up. I'd be happy to help you.

Tom

------------------
A "Miss" is the ultimate overpenetration!
You can never be too rich, too skinny, or too well armed!
Wake up and realize that you have the moral imperative of action..!!!

For used body armor, Ebay has tons up for auction. If you want new, I'd recommend you look for clearance items on Galls (www.galls.com) or look at Armor Technology (www.armortechnology.com).

I bought a brand new level 2+ San Diego Style (full, front to rear wrap) vest for about $350 (with shipping). It came with a 6"x8" Spectrashield trauma plate as well. Give them a call. I highly recommend Armor Tech.

I'd stay away from used. Body armor can be ruined if treated poorly and you won't know until it's too late. If it was improperly cleaned (wrong dry cleaning method or bleach), the fibers will have been weakened, but there's no way to tell by inspection. Jared

Bluegrass Armory gets in police trade-in's and resells them for 50.00-60.00. Mine looked brand new.
scottMO

------------------

Back