Where to buy, and which - Fanny Pack Holster

Title pretty much sums it up -

With two rapes by knifepoint in my general area in the past week, I've decided that CCW or no, my GF needs to be carrying when she goes on her walks. As such, I need to outfit her with a comfortable Holster fanny pack that can comfortably carry a Discman, and a Glock 30.

Fanny pack should be ambi, have full length zipper closures (I hate the velcro ones), ripcords or pull tabs, and be available in a color other than black so it doesn't scream "GUN!!!!"

If anyone out there can suggest a particular model, brand, and where the best price is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Blackhawk Industries Inc. They offer several sizes and a multitude of colors, okay maybe not a multitude, but they offer it in green, burgundy and (I think) blue, in addition to "Tactical Black". Prices seem very reasonable.
Sorry but I don't have a link right now.

Gator

I bought a nice leather one for the wife years ago (she has since lost it, so I can't give you a brand name). I worked well and wasn't very obvious.
However, a lot of the black nylon ones do scream "gun".
Try to handle it first and inspect the method which it holds the weapon. Her's had a weapon specific holster in it which worked great to secure it.
I have a large Bianci and I'm not thrilled by the method in which it holds the weapon, it always shifts down.
Finally, I have to say I wouldn't recommend one unless that is the last option. Due to the fact that the are always being shifted around on your waist and not secured they are hard to train with. Also, they are not very quick. A lot can go wrong trying to get to it quick.
Blackhawk makes GREAT stuff so maybe they have fixed some of this problems.
Look hard at other options before getting a fanny pack.

------------------
He who dares wins.
NRA Life Memeber

Your decision, but carry without a permit can equal jail time. A good high quality OC and knife make darn good defense tools too. At close range a knife is deadly. Sorry, my two cents.

For fanny packs I strongly recommend D&S www.gungear.com/ Blackhawk makes high quality gear, but it's for LEOs. One look and you know a gun is being packed. D&S packs are very welll made and conceal much better. They also come in a bunch of different colors. Give them a try.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Back