Where is the lens cap?

Prof Young

Firearms Fans:
If you are like me you've lost your share of scope lens caps. If they aren't connected with an elastic cord I'll lose one or both. Figured a fix for that some time ago. Thought I'd pass it on today. Drill a small hole in the middle of each cap and connect them with a nylon string. Insert the string through the hole, tie a "big" knot and you are done. See pics below.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Attachments

• Cap One.jpg
    Cap One.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 85
  • cap two.jpg
    cap two.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 55
Firearms Fans:
If you are like me you've lost your share of scope lens caps. If they aren't connected with an elastic cord I'll lose one or both. Figured a fix for that some time ago. Thought I'd pass it on today. Drill a small hole in the middle of each cap and connect them with a nylon string. Insert the string through the hole, tie a "big" knot and you are done. See pics below.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Or you could buy something like these from Butler Creek, or Midway USA, etc.
https://www.butlercreek.com/scope-covers/flip-open-scope-cover---objective-lens/P00180.html

Dahermit: Yes and . . .

I have a set of those on the scope on my squirrel gun. Love those things. Even then I have to be wary. It's a gun that spends a lot of time in the thick woods and I've had them get knocked off. Never lost one though.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Firearms Fans:

Life is good.
Prof Young
Or "bikini scope cover".
Elastic connecting, usually, two sides of the cap.
Probably paranoia of one sort or another but I would worry a bit about a "big knot" picking up some grit and possibly rubbing on the lens.

Sport Drink screw off caps fit 40mm objectives if you find the right sport drink. Then add elastic cord from the hardware store. Pretty much free. Because yes, I lose scope caps.

Ten bucks here, ten bucks there, pretty soon you are talking about a box of .22LR ammo.

Best scope covers were the 'Storm Queen Lens Covers'-I cant find em any longer.

They were the cups that were about 3/8" deep and slid onto the scope w/ the continous rubber band around both caps.

I se some sellers of SQ on ebay but cant make out if they have the desired type caps.

Anyone know for sure??

Or you could buy something like these from Butler Creek, or Midway USA, etc.
https://www.butlercreek.com/scope-covers/flip-open-scope-cover---objective-lens/P00180.html
I cannot begin to tell you how many Butler Creek covers I own that will not stay shut.

You write to their support line.... nothing. Why have a customer email contact page if you don't deal with the incoming traffic???

Duh? Duh? Duh again. It ain't me, dudes. It's the DUH? guys.

I'll continue to buy these pieces of S**T until something better comes along.

Back