Where is a IWB holster supposed to rest on your waist?

MidnightHour

Inactive
I just got a VM2 in the mail today for my XD9SC for CCW and I was going to wear it to break it in. I just want to be sure this is the area the holster is supposed to be worn at. Is it supposed to rest around the 4 o' clock position? Thanks guys!

Here's a picture of the set-up on me for reference.
84034571.jpg

Brandon

MH, mine's on order from Milt Sparks for my Colt 1991, Series 80. 4:00 position looks perfect to me also. How long did it take to arrive from date of your order? They told me 8-12 weeks.

U.F.O.

I actually bought mine from Lightning Arm Sports and I ordered it on the 2nd and it got here today(the 4th). Wonderful people to work with. You should try them out before you succumb to the wait from Milt Sparks. LASports are some great people!

Brandon

I use the tucker texas heritage. i put the front clip either in front of or behind the 3 o'clock belt loop (depending on the fit of the pants). Works for me.

The gun should be far enough back to reach easily, far enough forward (or something) not to print, should be comfortable, and should stay in place.

It looks to me like the concealment is excellent (with a proper covering garment, AKA shirt). You can say best whether it's easy to draw and comfortable. It does look like your pants are riding low and your belt is loose, but I can't say for sure - if you can draw easily and it's comfortable, it's a winner!

I wear my VM2 just behind my hip bone. You have the right idea. Just position it for maximum comfort around that spot. Watch-Six

Back