Where has all of the revolver ammo gone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoG36

As we all know, during the panic buying of ammo, there was really none to be had in any popular caliber for semi auto pistols. I could always seem to find .38 special or .357 magnum though.

I live down the street from Cabela's, and I'm always in there buying ammo. It seems now that if you want to, you can buy a truckload of 9mm, .40, .45, 357 Sig, etc. They have tons of it in stock. Now I cannot find any revolver ammo to speak of.

In the last 3 months, I purchased one 20 round box of Federal 125gr jhp .357 magnum. That has been the only .357 magnum that I could find. One box on the shelf in 3 months.

How is the situation in your area? The same, or different? I'm just curious. It seems like the ammo situation shifted from semi auto always out of stock to revolver cartridges always out of stock.

Howdy, neighbor!

I've been to Cabelas about once a week for the past several months. The past few weeks the ammo shelfs have been slim pickin's. I have never seen 22 LR in the store. Last week there was zero .38 Special, .30-06, .30-30, and 45-70. Choices in .223 and 5.56 were two boxes left.

I have resorted to buying ammo online these days. Next stop is reloading! :)

The ammo I see more than anything is 45acp. I haven't seen .44 mag since February, which is what I need for the gun I just bought. I reload but I'd like a box to chrono with.

Up until last week I hadn't seen .357 either but the Cabelas in East Hartford had defense ammo for it, and for everything else besides .44. Periodically I have seen 38 special at Walmart. Things are picking up though, the guy at Cabelas said they had 10 bottles of Titegroup (the powder I want most) that morning but it was sold out when I got there. That's the first time I've heard a shop say they'd even got a shipment at all.

Other than the occasional Winchester White Box 110g JHP (too light, imho), I haven't seen any 357 Mag ammo since the madness. And since things are seeming to get a little better, no so for .357 Mag yet.

Fortunately, I load. And I'm sitting on well over a thousand 125g hp's, and a few hundred 158's.

I have tons of 9mm and 5.56 stocked up. I recently purchased a Ruger SP101 .357 mag, so I've been looking for ammo for it. I have about 60 rounds of .357 mag at home haha. That's it.

Howdy, neighbor!

:D Can't even tell where Boise ends and Meridian begins anymore lol.

As for .223/5.56, Cabela's has a ton of it in stock now as of today. Literally hundreds of boxes on the shelf. I picked up 4 boxes of it today myself.

Meridian? Boise? I don't care. I just wish I lived in Idaho. I heard there's still something that resembles freedom there.

Compared to California, Idaho would seem like the Wild West haha. I do like living here. I've been here for 16 years now.

My local stores (Walmart, Bass Pro, Rural King) haven't had much in 357, but I can normally find a box or 2 of 38 special for a reasonable price ($22-$25 for 50 FMJ)

Around here WM has been getting .44 Rem Mag lately (some lighter Remington and some 240gr Winchester White box). Every once in a while they get some .38. Very seldom I luck across some .357 Mag.

I found a 200-rd box of .38 reloads @ Dicks. Really dirty powder in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back