WHERE DOES BILL RUGER STAND??

David

What do you think is Mr. Ruger's real stance on gun control and etc. I know he's in American Rifleman a lot, with the prerequisite pro NRA prose and folksy pictures, but, does he seem to want to "work with" the other side more than an owner of a firearms manufacturing business should.

IMHO, compromise is true give AND take, and the gun ban folks don't ever willingly give anything(except grief). Am I being too hard on 'ole Bill?

No. And I must say you've summed up the "compromise" issue very succinctly. How can one compromise their rights?

Never rely on these people to stick up for your gun rights. Only you can. When the heat gets too hot for Bill you can be sure he'll go to casting golf clubs full time or other areas of the business.Remember, these are businesspeople first and they are not about to chuck their multi-million operations over some noble stand no matter what their personal feelings are. Business is business. I try when possible, to do business with the smaller companies without the board of directors and stockholders because they tend to be "closer to this issue" so to speak.

All the Best

Seem to remember a picture of Bill Ruger giving a $1,000,000 check to Tanya Metaska of the NRA. True?

While it is true that the larger corporations are in business for business' sake and not for an idealogy, they realize that they must preserve their market.
There isn't one major industry in this countyr that doesn't lobby on its own behalf. The firearms's industry tries to let the NRA handle the direct confrontations, while most of the companies stay indiviually isolated from the fight with HCI, etc... Even to the point of "compromises." This is business. The people at the top of the food chain in the industry do understand the importance of the RKBA to their business and they are not sitting idly by while it is whithered away.

------------------
-Essayons

Back